What are the requirements to be considered to be a guardian home?
- Own their own home
- Have their own car to transport the dog
- Be able to either take the dog to the veterinarian or make access to the dog available for pickup at any time (usually normal business hours, but occasionally in the evening). In most cases we will be able to provide two to three days’ notice so that arrangements can be made.
- Prior experience dog ownership is a must
- Be willing to crate and house train the puppy. Must show proof of obedience training. The dog passing K-9 Good Citizenship would be an example of this.
- Afford to provide required high-quality food, heartworm/flea/tick prevention, as well as regular vet checks, including vaccines.
- Be prepared to have their own vet listed as a reference
- Fenced backyard to contain the puppy or be willing to adequately supervise puppy at all times while outside.
- Be available to drive dog to and from our home or a designated location for breeding and whelping
- Keep us updated on the dog’s progress via email
- Be willing to socialize the puppy by taking it everywhere possible and showing him/her life in general.
- Live within 1-2 hour driving distance to Colorado Springs. We do not place guardians out of the state.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in being a guardian please fill out the application below.