2023 Hubbard Radio St Louis/MBA Radio Talent Institute
Application for Admission
- What: Hubbard/MBA Radio Talent Institute
- Where: Lindenwood University, Saint Charles, MO
- When: Monday, July 17 - Wednesday, July 26, 2023
- Attended By: College students, recent graduates, grad students, interns, and part-timers at radio or TV stations
- Number of Students Accepted: A maximum of 25
- Registration Cost (does not include housing): $395 per person
- Housing: On-campus housing is available for an additional $315 per person.
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2023
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher (you can ask for a waiver if lower)
- A completed application form.
- It is beneficial, though not mandatory, that the student is a broadcast major or minor and/or already works at the college radio station, or interned at a radio station. We have accepted students from other majors including business, marketing, PR, advertising, english, photography, accounting, etc. who are working successfully in the industry.
Please have all of the following available when you begin your application process:
- Current resume
- A two-page essay addressing (Double-Spaced) :
- Why you want to be in this program
- Why you want to pursue a career in broadcasting
- What you hope to gain by attending this institute
- Air check, sales dialogue or other
- If interested in on-air and programming (news, sports, air talent, etc.), please submit a 2-4 minute air-check. See the air check section below for guidelines.
- If interested in sales or management, please submit a resume and a written sales presentation. See the sales dialogue section below for guidelines.
- Also, submit two references.
- If interested in other aspects of broadcasting (IT or engineering, writing, promotions/marketing, broadcast law, video) you can submit material that represents your interests, it may be from a class project, podcast, blog, etc.
- OPTIONAL: One letter of recommendation (this can be from a professor, an employer, etc.)
Curriculum and subject matter: Will range from on-air performance to programming to sales, sports, news, management, production, promotions, social media, digital, video, podcasting, engineering, and practically all aspects of radio. The program will place emphasis on entry-level position preparation to help each student get their career started.
Materials: Each student will receive a notebook, containing the schedule of events, guest speaker bios and photos, Institute student bios and photos, etc., and a t-shirt and bag.
Computer: A laptop / tablet is required.
Acceptance: If accepted, you will be notified within one week of submission. You will then be prompted to register and finalize your acceptance.
If you do not have lodging during the 10 days/9 nights, housing is available on campus at an additional cost of $35 per night ($315 total).
Check-in is Monday, July 17 and check-out is Wednesday, July 26.
If you are using campus housing you should bring towels, washcloths, twin sheets, a pillow, a pillowcase, shampoo, and soap.