In 500 words or less, explain why one or more Federal Level Priority Issues are important to your farm or ranch operation. How would you convince a U.S. Senator, Congressman or Agency official that this issue deserves his or her prompt attention?
Federal Level Priority Issues
This is a list of topics that we will likely discuss during our Fly-In with our Congressional Delegation, Federal Agencies, and other important stakeholders. Please use one or more of them as your topic for discussion in the Federal Level Priority Issue Persuasive statement.
- Regulatory Reform
- This is a broad category that includes things like the Clean Water Rule/WOTUS, PFAS, SEC’s Scope Three Climate Reporting Rule, Endangered Species Act Reform, Wilderness Study Area management, predator control, etc.
- Farm Policy
- Farm Bill 2023. Crop insurance, Title 1 Commodity Programs, Conservation Title Programs (EQIP, CSP, CRP, etc.)
- Expansion of markets for US commodities, importance of new trade agreements, etc.
- Broadband access, Highways, Transportation, Agriculture Research, Lower Snake River Dams, irrigation systems, etc.
- Agriculture Labor
- Immigration Reform, training and recruitment of skilled workers
- Federal Lands
- Forest Service and Bureau of Lands Management, BLM Grazing Rule, Sage Grouse Management Land Use Plan, multiple use, national parks, etc.