SHAKE BAR SUPERVISOR
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
* 30-40 hours per week @ $15/hour PLUS:
* Tips (during shifts)
* Potential for incentives based on performance
* Health benefits, paid vacation
* Complimentary Gold's Gym membership
Gold's Gym Newburgh is hiring a Shake Bar Supervisor to oversee the operations and growth of its shake bar business. In addition, this role may have oversight of apparel ordering/inventory and the apparel displays in the gyms. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone with bar management or restaurant/food experience.
* Work 20 to 25 hours a week in shake bar shifts.
* Work 10 hours a week in management responsibilities, including staff scheduling/training, ordering, and inventory reporting/control. Periodic "runs" to the store are also necessary when inventory items are running low.
* Attend and actively participate in monthly managers' meeting to report on KPIs, staff scheduling, and financials for the shake bar and apparel departments.
* Inventory counting and reporting required at the end of every month for all food, shakes, beverage, and apparel items.
The focus of this position is working with and through others, building and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately within established guidelines. There is a need for an effective communicator, someone who is a self-starter and able to stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. There will be many different people to meet and work with, including employees and general management. The person in this position must be friendly and genuinely interested in the business, agenda, and needs of others, including the company, its management, the team, the company's customers, or all of the above. A persuasive, teaching style of communication is required to communicate the company's policies, programs, and shake bar products and their benefits.
A faster-than-average pace with good time management skills will be the norm for this position. Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently. This portion of the work will often focus on relationships with others; correct handling of details dealing with others is necessary to maintain and grow relationships. The job involves scheduling and managing others, following up carefully, closely, and cheerfully to ensure both correct work and maintenance of employee relationships.
Necessary corrections must be made in a constructive, supportive manner. As time is usually a factor, the work must be done on time, as well as correctly. In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure, and established policies must be followed fairly closely, while working with and for others.
* Each day different from the next; especially in personal interactions.
* Fast-paced environment with multiple tasks going simultaneously.
* Very socially-focused; requires "how can I help you?" attitude.
* Lots of attention spent on building and maintaining relationships with staff and members.
* Adherence to established guidelines and shake bar procedures is important.
* Important to involve general management and owners in the decision-making; there is often a need to build consensus rather than make decisions alone.
* Open, flowing communication is important. Position requires working with and through others, especially in a helping role. There is a need for a persuasive, "selling" (rather than "telling") communication style.
* Must be a leader who is willing to jump in and roll up his/her sleeves to help out when necessary. Someone who leads by example, with first-hand knowledge of shake bar and its products (training can be provided for this).
ABOUT GOLD'S GYM NEWBURGH & AND THE PEOPLE WE SEEK:
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Gold’s Gym is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding other jobs or career opportunities with Gold's Gym Newburgh/Middletown, please visit www.goldsgymservices.com/jobs.
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. You must have a legal right to work in the United States to be considered for employment.