The owner [listed below] hereby retains Dog Training Solution, LLC to train your dog under the following terms and conditions:
1. Location. The dog(s) will stay at the training facility during training, and the trainer will take reasonable steps to keep the dog safe, comfortable, appropriately exercised, and happy. The trainer will, if necessary, take the dog to locations and property for socialization, training and veterinary care.
2. Training. The length of training required depends on the dog's (s’) capability to learn, what the owner's learning curve will be regarding dog training, and the dog's prior experiences. Basic obedience training generally requires eight to ten weeks, but may be longer in some cases. The trainer will give periodic progress reports to the Owner and will update the Owner on the anticipated length of training required to reach the agreed upon goals via text, as agreed upon drop off/pick up (Each owner requires a different level of communication and we will accommodate via email.)
3. Evaluation and goals. The trainer and the owner will evaluate the dog's (s’) current skill levels and identify unsatisfactory areas needing improvement. Training will focus on the areas identified as unsatisfactory during the initial evaluation. In general, the goals for the dog(s) are:
To be in control and polite around other dogs and people.
To perform basic pet obedience upon command: sit, loose leash, place, etc.
To improve upon identified bad habits that may exist, such as chewing, barking, jumping on people, rushing through doorways, counter-surfing, aggressive behaviors, and begging for food at the table, as described in the client interview form.
4. Re-evaluation. At the conclusion of the training, the owner and the trainer will re-evaluate the dog and identify whether the dog has met the goals. If the dog has not met some goals, the owner and trainer will discuss whether these goals can be achieved by the dog with additional training and will consider additional training.
5. Expectations. It may not be possible in some cases to achieve all goals. For example, a dog may have a medical condition that prevents the dog from being reliably housebroken, or the dog's temperament may be aggressive by nature and not amenable to behavior modification. The trainer will notify the owner if any areas are identified where goals need to be modified. In most cases, however, all goals should be achievable given appropriate time and the owner's compliance with homework.Trainer makes no guarantee on results of training. Client agrees that training is a process and that without following through on instructions and homework, training will not progress or be maintained by the dog. Trainer has the right to terminate this contract at any point for reasons such as client’s lack of attendance, cancellation of classes, or lack of follow through on homework and therefore progress of training results in the dog’s behavior and abilities.
6. Maintenance of Goals. The owner recognizes that this training will result in the dog obeying the trainer, and that this will not train the dog to obey the owner. In order for the dog to obey the owner, the following must occur:
The owner must understand the basic principles of training (covered in the lessons).
The owner must apply the basic principles of training.
The owner must not interact with the dog in a way that rewards bad behavior and/or punishes good behavior.
The owner must regularly train the dog to maintain the level of training achieved.
The owner must not give commands that they are not ready to reinforce if the dog does not perform.
7. Owner Training. At the conclusion of training, the trainer will instruct the owner in the basics of training. Instruction will consist of the following:
One exit conference to show the owner the dog's(s’) new skills and to instruct the owner on how to give proper commands, how to properly reward the dog for correct performance. Please set aside 1.5 hours in your schedule.
Four additional follow up lessons are provided for you. It is strongly recommended that the owner takes advantage of these lessons. The lesson dates and times will be determined with input from the dog owner.
8. Veterinary Care. If the dog requires non-emergency veterinary care during the training period, the trainer will make a reasonable attempt to contact the owner so the owner can obtain veterinary care for the dog. If the owner can not be reached or is unable to tend to the dog’s need for veterinary care, or in the case of an emergency, the trainer will arrange on behalf of the owner for veterinary care to which the owner consents as set forth below. All veterinary fees are the responsibility of the owner. If convenient, the trainer will take the dog to the dog’s regular veterinarian, but the trainer reserves the right to take the dog to a veterinarian selected by the trainer, using reasonable care in the selection of a veterinarian. Dog Training Solution will take all reasonable and necessary precautions during the training process to avoid injury. However, sometimes an illness or condition that was not diagnosed or discovered previously may present during the training period. When this happens, we need to be able to get the emergency care needed. Owner hereby consents to the following veterinary care for the dog and gives the trainer authority to consent to such a treatment as the agent of the owner:
In the event that Dog Training Solution can not reach the owners or the owners can not get to their dog, Dog Training Solution will be allowed to make decisions regarding emergency care reasonably required to save the dog’s life, to preserve the use of organs or limbs, or to alleviate severe pain.
In the event that Dog Training Solution can not reach the owners, Dog Training Solution will be allowed to make decisions regarding emergency euthanasia, only if (a) recommended by the veterinarian, (b) the owner cannot be reached after reasonable attempts, (c) treatment is not likely to be successful, and (d) the dog may be suffering or the expense of continued treatment may be unreasonable in light of the likely outcome.
If a not serious but contagious (and hindering training) illness is detected, the dog may need to go back to the owner's home for recovery. After that, the dog can return with new dates to Dog Training Solution, LLC. Dog Training Solution may agree to have the dog recover here, and will discuss with the owner if that occurs.
The owner must arrange all other veterinary care, when possible. The trainer’s time and transportation expenses must also be reimbursed. If the medical condition or emergency is not due to negligence on Dog Training Solution part, the owner will cover all and any veterinary expenses involved in treatment, medications, hospitalization, and so on.
Non Disclosure of any known medical issues with the dog will result in contract termination, and Dog Training Solution will keep non refundable fees or be owed additional fees if Board & Train progressed beyond the first week.
Vaccinations and Medications. The owner must provide the trainer with proof that the dog has been vaccinated for rabies, distemper, hepatitis, parvo virus, and para-influenza. The dog must be on heart-worm preventive, and on a flea/tick preventive. Any medications to be administered to the dog during training will be provided by the owner and administered by the trainer as instructed by the owner.
Dog Training Solution shall not be held liable for self inflicted injuries incurred by dog
9. Spaying and Neutering. Please let us know if your dog is not spayed or neutered so we can be aware and take precautions accordingly. We will not take a female dog in heat as it will disrupt the training process.
10. Equipment and Methods Used. Dog Training Solution uses a combination of positive reinforcement techniques along with a variety of tools including prong and Dogtra Technology. These are all used in different configurations depending on the goals to be achieved and the place in the dog's training.
11. Liability. All behavioral advice and training suggestions are provided at the client’s own risk. Use of this information is voluntary and Dog Training Solution is not responsible for injury to another human or animal. The client is at all times responsible for the actions of their dog. Dog Training Solution is not responsible for any injuries or expenses resulting from socialization or training. Dog Training Solution is not responsible for any self-inflicted injuries incurred by the dog. Dogs participating in physical exercises may be injured by running, jumping, chasing a ball, around other dogs, around other humans etc. Client hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Dog Training Solution. Dog Training Solution will take all reasonable and necessary precautions during the training process.
12. Fee. The fee for the training described in this contract for board and trains start at $1,500.00 for the four week with four follow up private lessons. Additional weeks are due at the beginning of any subsequent weekly service period. To reserve your dates you must pay the amount of $500.00. Additional lessons will be $85.00.
13. No Checks accepted
14. Canine Drop Off / Pick Up for Board & Train Services. The owner will bring the dog's food, please plan to provide one extra week of food than planned stay in case we feed more. Please understand if you change your mind later, this deposit has held your spot either discussed or determined later and is therefore non-refundable. Forward on veterinary records of up to date (voids contract if your vaccinations are not up to date) vaccinations for your dog (if not received before services begin, this also voids this contract). Your dog must be in good health upon drop off, if your dog is not and is exhibiting any health issues the trainer reserves the right to refuse drop off and reschedule training when the dog is well. NO Refunds will be given if your dog is unable to attend board and train due to any health issues.
15. Cancellation, Refunds, and No Show Policy. NO REFUNDS of any kind will be issued by Dog Training Solution, LLC for Private Lessons Package or prescheduled Board and Train Drop-offs. Should you elect to remove your dog from our board and train or private lessons package or elect to not start our board and train program/private lessons package after monies have been paid NO refund will be issued. You have paid to reserve your dogs spot with us exclusively for a set time frame therefore no refunds will be given. We would be happy to adjust and perhaps reschedule if extenuating circumstances should arise. No shows are subject to cancellation of training and non-refunding of training. When you place a deposit for our board and train program you are receiving an agreed upon date to begin training, you are agreeing that the date has been received and understand that NO REFUNDS will be given. By signing this contract electronically you are agreeing to all of the aforementioned conditions. This contract between Dog Training Solution, LLC and you (client) shall not become effective until it is signed electronically and the amount due has been paid. At the time the contract takes effect, Dog Training Solution, LLC shall reserve the date and time agreed upon, and not make any other reservations or accept any other clients for said time and date. For this reason in the event that you (client) cancels the contract for any reason, all monies paid shall be retained by Dog Training Solution, LLC in order to offset its loss of business.
**If at any time during our board and train your dog exhibits signs of extreme aggression, you will be asked to come pick up your dog and the training will be continuedtransferred to private lessons**
**If your dog is not completely crate trained you will be called and advised to either pick up your dog or offered continued training here with the focus on crate training only**
As a condition of my dog's participation in training with Dog Training Solution, LLC, I agree to waive all claims against Dog Training Solution, LLC and to indemnify and hold Dog Training Solution, LLC Inc, its officers, agents, and employees, independent contractors, harmless from any and all liability or claims I may have or that any other person or entity may have because of any death, bodily injury, personal injury, or because of any loss to property that may arise out of or in any way be connected with my dog's training.
I have read and, by completing this form, agree to abide by the aforementioned Waiver, Assumption of Risk and Agreement to Hold Harmless, and the Guidelines of Dog Training Solution, LLC Inc.