Call for ARTISTS
Winter/Spring 2023 Warkworth Library
What? Biannual Art Exhibit at the Warkworth Public Library in Warkworth
Submission deadline: Friday, December 2, 2022
Exhibit Duration: Saturday, December 10, 2022 – Saturday, June10, 2023
The Warkworth Public Library
The library exhibits above the bookshelves in the main room. Therefore, works are limited to a maximum HEIGHT of 24”. There is no restriction on width but there is a weight restriction of 8 lbs. or less.
1. Ideally, between 12 to 15 artists in painting, photography, mixed media, drawing stain glass and textiles will be represented in the exhibit. Each artist would submit a maximum of 2 framed artworks (or gallery wrapped canvas).
2. Space is allotted on a first come basis provided the following criteria have been met.
3. Selection: please submit a digital JPG image of the artworks you would like to display. See below.
4. Work must be original, complete, dry, appropriately framed or gallery wrapped canvases and suitably wired to hang on “D’ rings. Please allow adjustment of the wire length for hanging by not knotting or twisting the wire ends tightly.
5. Size: Maximum HEIGHT 24”. No restriction on width. Weight restriction of 8 lbs. or less.
6. Insurance: each painter or photographer is responsible for insuring his/her/their own work. SOTH covers liability.
7. Commission: if a painting or photograph sells, the painter or photographer agrees to give Spirit of the Hills a 25% commission.
8. Should an artist sell their work during the 6-month period, then the work must be replaced promptly. Replacement would have to be of a similar width as the exhibit could not be rehung to accommodate a replacement. If an artwork sells in the 6 months following the show as a result of the buyer having seen it at the library, a 5% commission to SOTH would be appreciated.
9. All work to be dropped off at the library at 10 a.m. on Saturday, December 10, 2022 OR the week of December 5th during library hours.
10. Artist's Agreement: please read the Agreement between Artist and Spirit of the Hills here, or on the website. In place of a signature, by selecting the "I agree" button below you are indicating that you have read and accept the terms of the Artist's Agreement.
You may submit just a maximum of 2 framed artworks (or gallery wrapped canvases)