Committee Member Agreement
I understand that as a member of an Arizona Multihousing Association (AMA) Committee, I have a responsibility to ensure that the organization does the best work possible in pursuit of its mission, vision and goals. I believe in the mission and vision of the organization, and I will act responsibly and prudently as its steward.
As part of my responsibilities as a committee member:
- I will interpret the organization’s work and values to the community and within my company.
- I will professionally represent my member company in the committee meetings and not allow my personal views or opinions influence my representation.
- I will make a best effort to attend all meetings each year and commit to not missing more than 20% of meetings (without giving prior notice to the committee’s AMA staff liaison) during any twelve-month period.
- I will actively participate in committee discussions.
- I will actively share committee information with my member company and other employees
- I will act in the best interests of the organization and excuse myself from discussions and votes where I have a conflict of interest.
- I will stay informed about what is going on in the organization. I will ask questions and request information. I will participate in and take responsibility for making decisions on issues, policies and other committee matters.
- I will work in good faith with staff and other committee members as partners towards achievement of our AMA goals.
- If I do not fulfill these commitments to the organization, I will expect the committee chair to contact me and discuss my responsibilities with me.
In turn, the AMA will be responsible to me in the following ways:
- I will be sent, without request, committee agenda and minutes at least three days prior to each meeting.
- Opportunities will be offered to me to discuss with the committee chair the committee’s programs, goals activities, and status; additionally, I can request such opportunities.
- The organization will help me perform my duties by keeping me informed about issues in the development as a committee member.
- Committee members and staff will respond in a straightforward manner to questions I have that I feel are necessary to carry out my responsibilities to the committee.
- If the organization does not fulfill its commitments to me, I can call on the committee chair and the AMA President & CEO to discuss these responsibilities.