Comfort Zone Self-Assessment
20 multiple choice questions to gauge which areas of your life have the greatest opportunity for strengthening.
➪ Please choose the answer that most closely corresponds to you today.
1. In general, I feel like my life is going…
2. If everyone in my city were forced to do a Tough Mudder-esque obstacle race, I would do better than at least 50% of people…
In their prime
10 years older than me
Older than 85 (maybe…)
3. In my relationship with hunger (for food)…
I keep a tight leash by maintaining a strict diet.
I make all the decisions about what and when I eat, and hunger stays out of my way.
I have a hard time not giving hunger what it wants when it wants it, even when it's unhealthy.
It's a back-and-forth struggle for control.
I listen to my hunger's needs, but do a decent job not giving it all the crap it wants.
4. If my career keeps progressing at the pace it has the past year or two, in 5 years, I'll be…
Right where I expect to be.
Nowhere very different.
Somewhere not exciting.
5. If I were making twice as much money, my life would be…
Still in financial trouble.
Pretty much the same as it is now.
A bit upgraded and more relaxed, but still similar.
6. If my job were suddenly and permanently taken over by robots, I would…
Go down a different career path I've been tinkering with.
Need to take whatever job I could get out of desperation.
Need some time to transition, but probably be glad it happened in the long run.
Be at a loss as to what to do next.
Have not too much trouble finding a new job because of my versatile skill set.
7. Compared to 5 years ago, I have…
A few different interests, pastimes, and areas of knowledge.
Similar interests, pastimes, and areas of knowledge.
Fewer interests, pastimes, and even areas of knowledge.
8. Over the past few years, my social circles have…
Remained more or less the same.
Expanded and branched into new bubbles.
Stretched out, but also maybe stretched thin.
Continued not to exist.
9. A 3-day camping trip sharing a tent with a couple of friends in the wild with no electricity, water, or cell reception sounds…
Okay, but not my cup of tea.
Familiar! I've done exactly that sometime in the past year or so.
Like something I'd like to try sometime.
10. The number of people I high-five, handshake, or hug per week is about…
0 or 1
2 to 7
7 to 15
11. If I compared my information diet (TV, news, social media, books, podcasts, YouTube) to eating, it would look something like…
A standard variety of mostly healthy, home-cooked meals.
Fast food followed by a binge at the candy store.
What Anthony Bourdain eats in a season of Reservations.
Tons of snacks and very few hearty meals.
Mostly my favorite or go-to foods over and over again.
A typical American diet (so mostly crap with a bit of "healthy" stuff).
12. At the end of the work week, I generally feel…
Wiped and in need of some rest and relaxation.
Not much different than at the end of any other day.
Pumped for weekend adventures.
Obliged to keep working over the weekend to stay afloat.
13. How comfortable in your own shoes do you feel?
I stick to what fits in / is practical, even when it's uncomfortable at times.
I can't decide what my "comfortable shoes" are because thee are too many option to choose from.
I keep upgrading to newer, better models.
I have been wearing the same cozy, worn-in pair for years. They may not be the most functional or attractive, but they're comfortable.
I wish I could wear a different style, but don't have the courage.
I am so uncomfortable that I feel I'm wearing clogs that are 4 sizes too small for me.
14. If a friend I'd lost touch with years ago were to spend time with me today, they'd probably think…
"Yikes. What happened?"
"Same ol' [Insert your name here]."
"Wow! I can hardly recognize [Insert your name here]. Good for them."
"Seems like [Insert your name here] is doing ok."
"I'd like to spend more time with [Insert your name here] to continue catching up."
15. My vision for the next 5 years of my life is…
Approximate. I have a good idea of the direction and am excited to see where it takes me.
Reasonably clear, but I'm not stoked where I'm headed.
Non-existent. I'm lost.
16. If I continue at my current pace, by the time I'm 80 my finances will be…
Ample enough to bestow a bunch to loved ones or charity.
In big trouble.
Enough to maintain my lifestyle.
Enough to get by, but not enough to fully enjoy my old age.
17. In terms of consuming information, I…
Am voracious, filling my brain with every spare minute.
Am considerate, giving myself time to digest and use what I take in.
Barely consume anything.
Does social media count? If so, I consume a good amount.
Keep up with the news and don't have time for much else.
Do as much as I can, but wish I had more time.
18. To be healthy enough to carry my own groceries up a few flights of stairs when I'm 90 years old, I'd need…
A drastic overhaul of my diet and fitness habits.
Some improvements to my current diet and exercise routine
To keep with my current lifestyle.
19. My social network…
Is playing a hugely positive role in helping me get where I want in life.
Is holding me back from getting where I want in life.
Doesn't play a hugely significant role in getting me where I want in life.
What social network?
20. The path of the past few years of my life would look like…
Pretty much a flat line.
A drunk, blind captain sailing a rudderless ship.
A gentle, gradual climb.
The S&P 500, up and down, but with a positive long-term trend.
Falling down the stairs.
Physical Fitness Score
Career and Finances Score
Info Diet Score
Get Your Results
Get Your Results!
Where should I send them to?
You'll get an email with:
Your overall comfort zone fitness level.
The fitness level of the six main areas of your life.
Suggestions on ways to train them.
Should be Empty: