To Consign Fleeces to the Sale:
If entering fleece in the Fleece Competition, please see additional Fleece Competition Rules.
- A handling fee will be charged for each fleece: $3.00 per fleece if registered on line by March 4, 2023. $5 per fleece if registered after March 4 on day of sale. The registration fee is non-refundable and must be paid at time of registration.
- Online Registration will cease operation at 11:00 pm March 4, 2023. After March 4, registration must occur onsite and increased fee of $5/fleece will apply.
- The number of fleeces entered is limited to 15 fleeces per person/farm.
- Fleeces may be delivered Thursday March 9, 2023 from 2 pm until 7:00 pm or Friday March 10, 2023 from 8 am to 10 am.
- The fleece sale hours are 10 am - 6 pm on Friday March 10 and 9 am - 5 pm on Saturday March 11, 2023.
- Fleeces must be in clear or white undamaged plastic bags. (Clear bags if in Fleece Competition.)
- Fleeces must be marked with a tag indicating farm information, washed or unwashed status, if entered in Fleece Competition, and other related information. Information tags should be downloaded and accompany each fleece.
- Entrants may place promotional materials in with a fleece, and are encouraged to do so.
- Fleeces should be skirted to remove manure tags, and be free of excessive vegetable matter, second cuts, and pests. We reserve the right to reject any fleece deemed unsuitable for processing as presented.
- Please make copies of your paperwork to help you remember what you brought.
- Fleece bags should be left open for display.
- Fleeces may also be entered in the Fleece Competition - optional and no additional charge. They must be received by 7:00 pm Thursday March 9, 2023 to be eligable. Judging of the Fleece Competition will commence after 7 pm Thursday. Please see additional Fleece Competition Rules.
- Fleeces must be picked up from 3-5 on Saturday March 11, 2023. Any fleeces left after that time become the property of Carolina FiberFest.
- Carolina FiberFest is not responsible for lost, missing or damaged fleeces.
- Money collected for fleece sales will be paid by check and mailed to the consigner within three weeks after the Festival ends.