Catholic Education Tasmania (CET) and St Mary's College (SMC) requires its contractors, consultants, counsellors, coaches and volunteers (Engaged Staff Group (ESG)) to read and comprehend this briefing upon initial entry into the College.
Having read this training - contractors, consultants, counsellors and volunteers are required to sign the agreement at the end of this briefing for retention.
This process, reading and signing, is to repeated on an annual basis for the ESG.
● The paramount objective is to keep students safe.
● Therefore we reduce the risk to our students by:
- Screening workers for suitability – WWVP registration.
- Training our staff to know the boundaries and to be situationally aware.
- Being observant of adult interactions with students.
- Responding with empathy and professionalism to concerns raised by students.
- Reporting allegations and suspicions.
Working with Vulnerable People Registration
● ESG members who have direct contact with students must hold WWVP registration.
● ESG members who do not hold WWVP registration are not permitted to have any direct contact with students. If likely to have more than incidental contact, then they must be supervised by a person who has completed CET’s online child safety training and who holds an employee WWVP registration.