Purpose: These principles are written to ensure a balanced blend of sportsmanship,
recreation, skill development, and competitive activity in keeping with Skyhook’s Mission statement.
Skyhook Ninja Fitness values sportsmanship, fair play, skill development, and mutual respect among all players, coaches, parents and spectators. This code of conduct has been established and adopted to ensure the guiding principles of Skyhook Ninja Fitness are understood and met by all athletes associated with this organization.
Code of Conduct
Participation in our camp at Skyhook Ninja Fitness is a privilege. Athletes/participants are ambassadors to and for our facility. They are expected to conduct themselves with dignity, respect and sportsmanship
1. I will show respect for all players, parents, coaches, captains, officials, staff and spectators.
2. As a parent of a Skyhook camp member, I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players and coaches.
3. Good sportsmanship/attitude is expected from campers, coaches and parents by demonstrating a positive attitude and speaking in a positive manner towards all involved.
4. I will win and lose graciously, demonstrating good sportsmanship throughout games and activities.
5. I will be honest and take responsibility for my actions and results.
6. I will not use any form of intimidation or bullying against another player, coach or teammate.
8. I will keep my hands to myself and abstain from any form of touching, hitting or roughhousing with teammates, coaches, etc.
9. I will respect others' personal space.
10. I will listen and not interrupt coaches.
11. I will follow all rules/instructions from coaches the first time I’m asked.
12. I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of my teammates.
13. I will abstain from explicit/lewd language.
14. I will maintain control of emotions and avoid actions, language, and/or gestures that may be interpreted as hostile or humiliating.
15. I will demonstrate that I want to be a team member at Skyhook by giving a good effort in activities. I know that I do not have to participate, but do have to follow instructions for alternatives.
i. Any misconduct will be investigated in a timely and responsible manner. The scope of disciplinary action will be determined by management in its sole discretion. Management will provide any person accused of misconduct a reasonable opportunity to be heard.
ii. After a reasonable investigation, management will determine the appropriate disciplinary action for any violation of this code of conduct and any actions to be taken in response.
1). Disciplinary action will be based on the nature and severity of the violation.
2). Management will strive to treat all similar offenses in a similar manner, while taking into account the individual facts and circumstances of each violation.
3). Management will not discriminate in any manner in determining whether to impose a penalty or in determining which penalty to impose.
iii. Management will keep reasonable and appropriate records of each reported violation, and shall document each violation and the reasons for imposing the penalty.
Management shall determine the appropriate penalty for any code of conduct violations. Penalties may include any one or more of the following:
Documented Warning/Contact Guardian
Removal from camp
Expulsion from Skyhook
**Please go over this with your child and return this document as soon as possible.**
My signature confirms that I have read, understand and agree to abide by the Skyhook Code of Conduct Guidelines.