As a cupboard manager, you will manage a Cookie Cupboard in a safe, sanitary, and suitable location where troop volunteers may pick up cookies as needed.
- Must have current (within 3 years), eligible background check on file with GSCSA.
- Must be an active registered member of GSUSA through an annual or lifetime membership.
- Comply with all GSCSA policies and procedures, including all policies and procedures outlined in the Volunteer Cookie Guide and Cupboard Manager Guide.
- Basic computer skills with email access are required.
Cupboard Location Requirements
- Location must be in a storage facility that is separate from the home.
- Council staff must be able to access the storage facility at all times.
- Locations on private property need to be approved by council staff.
- Location must be clean, sanitary, and secure. Complaints of unsanitary conditions will result in spot checks and, if necessary, the closing of your cupboard location.
- Wifi access must be available either onsite, or via a phone or tablet with a data plan.
TRAINING: Complete all required training for this role.
COMMUNICATION: Maintain and regularly check email for council Product Team communications and ensure reliable internet access to record eBudde transactions. Keep active communication with troop volunteers placing pending orders and the Product Team by returning phone calls or e-mails in a timely manner.
DIGITAL INVENTORY: Maintain accurate, up-to-date inventory records in eBudde. Understand that council will review inventory every Monday morning via eBudde, including current pending orders, to determine the replenishment order for that week. The order will be final; NO adjustments will be made once the order has been sent to the delivery agents.
DELIVERIES: Accept all cookie deliveries from the agent at a mutually agreed-upon time. Understand that replenishment orders will be delivered on Thursday or Friday each week (as needed). Cupboards will not be able to receive multiple deliveries in a week.
AVAILABILITY: Be available at reasonable times to distribute cookies to volunteers.
RECEIPTS: Process all transactions online as they are picked up by volunteers.
SAFE & SANITARY: Maintain current council health & safety protocols.
LIABILITY: Failure to provide documentation for discrepancies between physical inventory and inventory recorded in eBudde, may result in removal from any and all volunteer positions with GSCSA. Understand that Cupboard Manager is financially responsible for the full value of any discrepancies in inventory without proper documentation
PHYSICAL INVENTORY: At the end of the program, coordinate with the Product Team to collect any remaining cupboard inventory.
FLEXIBILITY: Understand that changes in procedure made need to be made suddenly due to unexpected outside influences, such as natural distaster or pandemic.