The Explore Minnesota Tourism Conference Native Nations Scholarship Program will award up to twenty-two (22) scholarships to members of Minnesota's Native Nations to attend the 2023 Tourism Conference on Feb. 28 at the Double Tree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, located in Bloomington, Minnesota.
The purpose of the scholarship program is to give Tribal members interested in tourism destination development the opportunity to learn about the industry, develop their skills and network with industry professionals.
This scholarship is open to any member enrolled with one of the eleven (11) Minnesota Native Nations. There will be up to two scholarship recipients per Native Nation.
All applicants must submit this application along with one letter of recommendation.
Selected applicants will receive:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Mileage reimbursement at the standard federal rate
- If the recipient's home is located 120+ miles from the conference site, they will receive a complimentary hotel room for Monday, February 27, 2023
- All other incidentals will be at their own expense.
An industry mentor will be matched with each scholarship recipient to meet one-on-one prior to the conference and for the recipient to shadow on the day of the conference.
Timeline for Native Nations Scholarship program
- December 5, 2022: Application solicitation opens
- February 1, 2023: Selected recipients will be notified
- February 15, 2023: Scholarship Program Orientation via TEAMS conference
- Feb. 16 - Feb. 27, 2023: Recipients meet with mentors via video or in person
- February 28, 2023: Explore Minnesota Tourism Conference in Bloomington MN
- March 15, 2023: Deadline to turn in mileage forms for payment