The Explore Minnesota Tourism Conference Mentorship Program will award up to twenty-one (21) members of Minnesota's Travel and Tourism industry the opportunity to mentor students or members of Minnesota's eleven (11) Native Nations in their attendance of the 2023 Tourism Conference on Feb. 28 at the Double Tree by Hilton Bloomington - Minneapolis South, located in Bloomington, Minnesota.
The purpose of the mentorship program is to give scholarship recipients interested in travel, leisure and hospitality the opportunity to learn about the industry, develop their skills and network with industry professionals.
This mentorship is open to any professional in Minnesota's Travel and Tourism industry with at least 3 years of experience.
Selected mentors will receive:
- Complimentary conference registration
- Mileage reimbursement at the standard federal rate
- If the mentor's home is located 120+ miles from the conference site, they will receive a complimentary hotel room for Monday, February 27, 2023
- All other incidentals will be at their own expense.
As an industry mentor, selected recipients will be matched with one or two scholarship recipients to meet one-on-one prior to the conference and for the scholarship recipient to shadow on the day of the conference.
Timeline for the Mentorship program
- December 5, 2022: Application solicitation opens
- February 1, 2023: Selected mentors will be notified
- February 15, 2023: Program Orientation via TEAMS conference
- Feb. 16 - Feb. 27, 2023: Recipients meet with mentees via video or in person
- February 28, 2023: Explore Minnesota Tourism Conference in Bloomington, MN
- March 15, 2023: Deadline to turn in mileage forms for payment