This is what we ask of you:
1. Call HAS at (510) 293-7200 to schedule spay/neuter appointments. (Never trap a cat until you have an appointment)
2. Pick up the traps from the shelter.
3. Trap the cats the day or evening prior to the surgery date.
4. Transport the cats to the shelter the morning of the surgery date, and pick them up the same evening.
5. Recover the cats overnight inside a home or garage.
6. (Now for the fun part.) The following morning, return and release the cat to the location where it was trapped.
You are now a hero, by providing that cat the opportunity for a healthier life, and you have prevented the birth of many unwanted kittens.
The grant funds cover the spay/neuter fees, for qualified residents, for up to five cats per household. Fees of $75 per cat will then be applicable.