Alberta Funeral Services Association (AFSA) will annually grant an amount of
$2,500 to both a student from Mount Royal University (MRU) and Canadian
College of Funeral Services (CCFS).
The applicant must be a resident of Alberta and employed with an AFSA funeral
home.* The applicant must either be:
a. A full-time or part-time student actively pursuing a degree in funeral service, that is in good standing with MRU or CCFS. Expected date of graduation is expected within 12 months from the date of application. Proof of enrollment will be required.
b. Graduated from either MRU or CCFS within the last 12 months from the date of application. Proof of diploma / certificate required.
All decisions made by the committee are final. We will only confirm receipt of completed applications and reserve the right to eliminate applications from consideration if they are incomplete and/or show a failure to comply with the application guidelines. This will be done without further notice to the applicant.
1. Application Guidelines
Though this application is not based on your academic performance, we do
require a letter from the educational institute, either from a program
director or instructor, that confirms:
a. MRU: Students obtain a Confirmation of Enrolment document from the University’s Records department. CCFS: A letter from your educational institute, which can be coordinated with a program director, indicating you are in good standing and on course for graduation within the next 12 months if all competencies are successfully completed.
b. Proof of diploma / certificate.
2. A letter of recommendation is requested of your current employer, who
must be an AFSA member.
3. A written character reference from a person of your choosing.
4. A Short Answer Application composed of the below competencies.
5. All submissions must be received with the below form
6. Applications will not be accepted following the deadline. No exceptions.
7. Please use correct grammar and spelling within your essay. No inappropriate language is permitted. Please ensure proper terms that represent specific practices in our profession. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited.