This form is to be completed by students who are in the process of applying to, or who have been formally accepted into, the fall semester Emmanuel in Leeds program at the University of Leeds in Leeds, England. Students who are studying abroad in Leeds outside of this program, such as through a program like API, will follow the traditional study abroad process and transfer credit policies.
Students accepted into the Leeds program are considered "in-residence" and the courses are considered Emmanuel courses. As such, the following policies apply:
- Students in the Emmanuel in Leeds program must be registered for and complete 60 UK credits, which is the equivalent of 16 credits at Emmanuel.
Failing or withdrawn (or equivalent) grades will be posted to the transcript and impact the GPA, but will not receive credit.
- All grades for courses approved will be posted to the Emmanuel transcript and factor into the Emmanuel GPA based on grade point equivalents. This includes courses that are not passed or withdrawn.
- All courses registered must receive approval prior to registration or course schedule changes.
- Courses that have not been evaluated are not guaranteed to be posted on the Emmanuel transcript.
- Student enrollment is confirmed after the add/drop period for the Leeds Program. A student's financial aid may be adjusted if their confirmed enrollment equates to less than 12 US credits.
- Courses that are taken that were evaluated as "No Credit", will not be posted to the Emmanuel transcript, nor will they count towards the student's load for Emmanuel tuition and financial aid used for the Leeds program.
- Emmanuel in Leeds students are subject to the same criteria for academic standing, including academic probation (under 2.000 semester GPA), and Dean's List (3.500 semester GPA with 4 letter graded courses and no INC grades) as students taking courses at Emmanuel's Boston location.
- Emmanuel in Leeds students are subject to the same criteria and policies for renewal of merit scholarships and need-based financial aid including Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Failing and withdrawn grades and courses evaluated as "No Credit" could have a significant effect on a student's cumulative GPA and earned credits. Students are encouraged to review those criteria and policies by selecting "Applying for Financial Aid" from the Money Matters section of the Current Students webpage.
An unofficial copy of grades must be submitted as soon as the program has ended. This copy must include the Leeds name, student name, term, courses information and grades.
- Students registered for 20 credits at Emmanuel for the following spring semester will be dropped from one course down to 16 credits the day after the last day to add for the spring semsester if Emmanuel has not received documentation showing Leeds grades.
- Students completing the Emmanuel in Leeds Program are expected to submit an unofficial version of grades as soon as the program has ended and grades are available, which will be in advance of official transcripts sent by Leeds in July. Failure to submit documentation of grades will result in students registered for 20 credits being dropped from the 5th course at Emmanuel.
- Students are reminded that the Emmanuel in Leeds program has a different withdrawal policy than the College's Withdrawal pollicy. Students are encouraged to review the Emmanuel in Leeds withdrawal policy at https://apiabroad.com/withdrawal-policy-safeguards/ . Federal aid for students that withdraw from the program is pro-rated based on the percentage of time the student was enrolled in the program.