CALL FOR SESSION IDEAS:
ABFE Annual Conference 2024
April 24-27, 2024
St. Louis, MO
ABFE remains unapologetically committed to our mission of promoting effective and responsive philanthropy in Black communities. That commitment doesn’t come at the expense of anybody else but holds the belief that better outcomes for Black people and communities equates to improved outcomes for all. To that end, we encourage our network to submit session ideas that demonstrate philanthropic and community-based solutions and strategies in alignment with our Responsive Philanthropy in Black Communities (RPBC©) tenets.
- Civic Engagement & Political Power,
- Community Organizing & People Power,
- Policy, Advocacy & System Reform,
- Economic Development & Economic Power,
- Research & Intellectual Power,
- Communications/Narrative Change, and
- Leadership Development & Strategic Convenings.
Your session ideas may exemplify one of these tenets or reflect intersectional work with two or mor combinations. Key here, is we want the sessions to provide examples for how success can be achieved by strategic investment in leaders and communities in these areas. Philanthropy doesn’t do its work without help from partners, which is why we welcome ideas from:
- Grassroots leaders
- Individual or institutional philanthropy;
- Philanthropic networks; and
- Public-private partnerships powering their community change.
Content is strengthened with voices of partners who have made the work possible. Look for diversity of voice, gender identity & expression, ability, diasporic connection, etc. as you build your content team.
We greatly appreciate your investment of time in submitting a proposal (or two). Unfortunately, we will have limited time and space, and won’t be able to accommodate all of the submissions. We will select sessions that best fit our vision for the conference. Priority consideration is extended to ABFE members. Learn more about ABFE membership here.
If selected, ABFE will work with the session curators to create an ideal session for Harambee 2024!
- You’ll be responsible for covering your travel/lodging expenses. Please consider how you may help support those who you designate as speakers for your session. Very limited resources might be available for speakers who might have limited travel budgets.
- Session times, titles & descriptions may need to be modified to accommodate timing & placement in the agenda. So plan to join for the full conference, if possible.
- There might be opportunities to collaborate with another colleague, with a similar submission topic. We ask that you are amenable to collaborative opportunities, should we decide to accept & merge similar concepts.
- In the event your session isn’t selected, we might want to discussion other presentation opportunities in 2024. Either way, we hope you will join us in St. Louis!
Submit your proposal by Friday, December 8, 2023 at 5:00PM EST. ABFE will notify you by mid-January, 2024 regarding your submission and to share if your proposal has been selected. Even if you aren't invited to present, we hope that you will join us at Harambee 2024.