HOA BOARD MEMBER AGREEMENT
All Board members must agree with the HOA Board Vision, Mission and Values and agree to be…
A. Familiar with
1. All governing documents and act/operate in accordance with those documents
a. Keystone will provide member with Listing of HOA Documents with their hierarchy and locations.
2. HOA management services contract and be part of management oversight
a. Any deficiencies in services should be communicated to HOA President
B. Prepared to
1. fully participate at Board meetings during discussions and during any voting.
a. Prepare monthly report, depending on Board position and forward to HOA management one week before the Board meeting.
2. resign if personal commitments don’t allow full Board participation (Examples: 1) miss more than 2 Board meetings/year 2) unable to timely respond to other HOA Board members’ inquiries 3) unable to help with project in area of oversight responsibility)
C. Willing to
1. take the lead on project(s) when projects are identified by the whole Board, especially projects that involve the Board member’s other specific responsibilities.
a. As the lead must be
i. sensitive to priorities
ii. willing to work in a timely manner
iv. communicative - keep the rest of the Board apprised of project status at least monthly - monthly Board meetings or emails
2. work with other Board members and provide support to other Board members when needed and in a timely manner
D. Capable of responding to and working with homeowners
1. in a timely fashion
2. equitably and consistently
After being elected or appointed
1. Set-up hoa gmail account-hhhoa(firstname)@gmail.com, if you don’t want to use personal email address
a. If need assistance with gmail set-up, ask Secretary or another established Board member
b. Provide Keystone with your gmail address and phone number so Keystone can update the HOA Support Team document.
2. If don’t have access to Portal and/or Smartwebs, ask Keystone to provide access assistance.
3. Keystone will provide list of HOA Support Team members and their contact info. – ask for it if you don’t get it shortly after election/appointment
4. Sign-up to receive information from Colorado HOA Center (https://dre.colorado.gov/hoa-center to sign up for HOA Today) and attend/participate in educational opportunities as often as possible. HOA center provides webinars, FAQs on their website, etc.