Criteria For Project Grant Funding
Individuals and organizations are eligible to receive a grant from the York County Arts Commission if:
- The organization is not-for-profit and is exempt from Federal income tax under provisions of the Internal Revenue Code;
- They produce, present, or support dance, literary arts, media arts, music, theater, museums, visual and related arts;
- They perform or offer activities/services in York County, Williamsburg, or James City County, which also serve the citizens of York County;
- Their performances, projects, or services are accessible to handicapped individuals and the public at large;
- Their performances, projects, or services which are not held in York County, Williamsburg, or James City County, are deemed by the Commission to directly benefit the citizens of York County;
- Activity will take place during the fiscal year for which the grant is requested.
- By accepting York County Arts Commission funds, you are agreeing they may share your organization’s website address in efforts to promote and nurture the arts in our community.
- New applications may require an interview. Interviews will be held on March 29, 2023, at the
Parks & Recreation Office.
*NOTE: Notification shall be given to the Commission in advance of major changes or cancellations in projects/performances, personnel, or use of funding as described in the application. The Commission reserves the right to recommend adjustment to grant funding if, in its opinion, these changes so dictate said action.
- The Commission requires completion and return of the final report that is included in the grant
application package from each grant recipient for the fiscal year in which the grant was received.
NOTE: Final report required to apply for funding for the following fiscal year.
- Each grant recipient must maintain accurate financial records for any activity supported by
Commission funds. The Commission shall have access to these records.
- In all published material and announcements regarding the particular activity supported, the acknowledgment must be made that the activity is partially supported by a grant from York County.
- Grant monies will be awarded in a one lump-sum payment. Payment can be expected by the end of August.
- All funding requests must be submitted on Commission forms. Requests must be made in
accordance with Commission deadlines. Submit application online and attach all supporting documents.
- The Commission looks more favorably upon applications that show evidence of financial
assistance from sources other than the York County Arts Commission.
- Sound management, adequate fiscal responsibility, and the overall quality of proposed projects
are major factors in evaluating funding requests.
- Projects, performances, and/or services already completed will not be considered for funding.
- A signed application form is the applicant's agreement to provide the described service and to
comply with the York County Arts Commission Project Grant Policies.
- Support for an organization or project does not imply future Commission support. Applications
must be made each year and will be considered in relation to other applications.