York County Arts Commission
FY2024 Challenge Grant Application
Challenge Grant Policies
This challenge grant is intended for those applicants who will share an artistic talent with the York County community.
To be eligible for this grant, you must meet the following criteria:
- The total amount requested may not exceed $500. (Please note, organizations can request amounts less than $500).
- Proof of matching pledge from private sources must accompany this application. Matching funds cannot be from a committee member or anyone from that committee or organization (e.g. board members, employees, spouses, etc.)
- Activity must occur within the County of York.
- The Commission requires completion and return of the final report that is included in the grant application package from each grant recipient for the fiscal year in which the grant was received. NOTE: Final report required to apply for funding for the following fiscal year.
- Organizations proposing to use grant money to conduct performances or programs in York County schools must:
- specify where and when activities will be conducted (i.e., school name(s) and approximate date(s), and
- provide written confirmation from the schools that they agree to these performances or programs as scheduled.
- Proof of tax-exempt status shall accompany this application.
- All grant recipients must notify the York County Arts Commission at least five days before the event.
- Activity must take place during the fiscal year for which the grant is required.
- By accepting York County Arts Commission funds, you are agreeing for them to share your organization’s website address to promote and nurture arts in our community.
Their performances, projects, or services are accessible to handicapped individuals and the public at large.
Purpose: The program is designed to provide funding support to eligible organizations to create and present their work, develop new and innovative programs, and increase opportunities for visual and performing arts for all York County citizens.
Description: The amount of assistance available for a given project is limited to $500. Challenge Grant payments can be expected by the end of August.
Eligible activities include, but are not limited to:
- Film or video production or presentation
- Outreach programs for special audiences
- Workshops, seminars, classes, conferences
- Commission or purchase of new works of art for public use
- Other activities to be determined by the Commission