The objective of our Foundation’s Scholarship program is to provide scholarships to college students who major in agriculture, agri-business, or an ag-related course of study. The number and dollar amount of scholarships awarded each year will vary depending upon the number of applications received and availability of funds. In 2022, twenty-one (21) students received a total of $20,950 from scholarships ranging in value from $300 to $3,000.
* New in 2023, the Foundation will also award one (1) $1,000 scholarship to a student pursuing a degree in nursing (in memory of Marie Krausz). *
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must:
- Be a high school graduate or graduating in 2023
- Be a Clinton CFB member, spouse, or child of a member (minimum 1-year)
- Be accepted for enrollment (or enrolled) at a post-secondary school (good toward BS, no graduate study)
- Exhibit potential for successful completion of course study
- Be a resident of Illinois
- Not be an immediate relative (spouses, children, and parents) of the members and spouses of the Foundation's Scholarship Review Committee
- Past recipients may reapply, but no student may win more than two (2) scholarships from the Clinton County Farm Bureau Foundation
The criteria for awarding the scholarship are as follows:
- Academic performance and honors
- Rank in Class
- ACT/SAT Score
- Demonstrated interest in agriculture or related field
- Special consideration given to students entering a field of study that is PRIMARILY production agriculture or agri-business.
- Financial need
- Evidence of self-help. How is the student contributing financially to his/her education?
- Character and personality
- Industriousness and motivation
- Intellectual interest
- Moral character
- Demonstrated leadership
Students will be required to participate in an interview with the Scholarship Review Committee. Interviews will be scheduled below as part of this application process.
In order to be considered, all applicants must submit/upload:
- Online Application
- Digital head shot (photo) of high quality
- High School transcript complete with ACT/SAT Score
- College transcript (if applicable)
- Teacher’s recommendation (minimum of 1, maximum of 2)
Completed applications and supporting materials must be submitted online by midnight on March 15, 2023.
Thank you for your interest in the Clinton County Farm Bureau Foundation Scholarship!
Ray Krausz, President
Clinton County Farm Bureau Foundation