This scholarship is open to any graduate of any high school (including GED) located in Henderson, Hancock, McDonough, Mercer, or Warren counties in the State of Illinois who desire to attend college, trade school or continuing education classes that would assist them with furthering their education and learning who show a financial need to meet their goals. This scholarship is open to high school seniors, college students, and adults who want to further their education. The scholarship is renewable. Financial awards will be based on need and can provide up to a full ride for eligible nominees.
The following priorities will be used to determine eligibility:
- Students who may not have other scholarship opportunities due to scholastic performance but possess the motivation to attempt and complete needed additional education training.
- Students who are unlikely to have the opportunity for further education or training without this award.
- Students who have unique or specialized educational needs not served by traditional scholarships.
- Students who have limited or lacking family support infrastructure to successfully compete for traditional scholarships.
- Students who work at a paying job to help support themselves and/or their family.
- Non-traditional students who have a desire to further their education.
- Students from Henderson County will receive priority.
Applicants can be nominated for this scholarship by self, a teacher, principal, counselor or their boss/supervisor at their job. An easy to fill out online form will be used for nominations and for completion of the scholarship by the nominated applicant. If a student does not have access to the internet or a computer, the nomination can be completed in person at the Warren-Henderson Farm Bureau Office at 1000 North Main St, Monmouth, IL 61462 or by mailing in the required form.
Call Warren-Henderson Farm Bureau at 309-734-9401 with questions.