Automotive Technician Job Description
Responsible for the efficient, diagnosis, repair and maintenance of Guest’s vehicles, the Automotive Technician position is a great way to start your career at Car-X Tire & Auto. Starting day 1 you will begin a comprehensive Technician training program, covering all aspects of your new role, while preparing you for the next. As an Automotive Technician for Car-X, you will be an essential team member, performing repair services on Guest vehicles. More importantly, you will be part of a team working together to deliver 5 Star Guest experiences, while using your Technician skills to take care of people, their cars and ensure our guests have safe, reliable transportation.
Pay is based on experience.
Perform brakes, suspension, tire installation, scheduled maintenance, and all manner of automotive repairs and maintenance, that you are qualified to perform
Secure our guests approval to perform the work as a result of the diagnosis; and always maintain a clean, neat work area
Complete thorough automotive vehicle inspections on every vehicle you service and perform any repairs and maintenance
Test drive guest vehicles and use our shop truck in a safe manner to pick up inventory as needed
Collaborate with teammates and provide leadership to General Service Technicians
- High school or GED equivalent.
- 2+ years of automotive technician experience
- Valid Driver License
- Own a basic set of automotive tools or participate in tool purchase program.
- Ability to work with hands overhead, stand for long periods and lift 50 lbs.
- Guest and team focused mindset
- Have and maintain an Automotive Technician State Inspector’s license, where applicable.
- ASE automotive certification in at least one of A1-A8
- Automotive Technician State Inspector License
- Automotive technical school certificate/degree
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Career Development
- Your next Destination!
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Car-X we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating skills and open opportunities. Our Technicians receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in the Car-X Academy that empowers you to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Car-X Tire & Auto. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.