I, my spouse, my minor children, my guests, and my heirs, legal representatives, executors, and assigns, acknowledge that I have requested permission from the Rueter-Hess Recreation Authority and Parker Water and Sanitation District (collectively referred to herein as “Rueter-Hess”) to use the Rueter-Hess facilities (“Rueter-Hess Facilities”) to participate in or to attend any programs and/or activities Rueter-Hess sponsors or sanctions, wherever they may be held (the “Rueter-Hess Activities”).
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of being permitted to use the Rueter-Hess Facilities and to participate in the Activities, and having been fully informed of the nature of the Rueter-Hess Activities and the risks inherent in using the Rueter-Hess Facilities and participating in the Activities, I consent to the terms contained in this Rueter-Hess Reservoir and Recreation Facilities Use Release and Waiver (“Release”). I also agree to abide by the Rueter-Hess Recreation Rules and Regulations.
- Assumption of Risk. By signing this Release, I understand that Rueter-Hess is granting me access to the Rueter-Hess Facilities in order to participate in the Rueter-Hess Activities, whether such access is by reason of a Rueter-Hess-sponsored event, a private event, or for regular access. I have independently evaluated and reviewed the risk involved in using the Rueter-Hess Facilities and participating in the Rueter-Hess Activities. I determine to use the Rueter-Hess Facilities, including in connection with participation in Rueter-Hess Activities, with full knowledge and acceptance of all risks. Fully understanding these risks, I hereby agree to assume full responsibility and liability for the possibility of bodily injury (including death), or property damage which may result from use of the Rueter-Hess Facilities or participation in the Rueter-Hess Activities. The Rueter-Hess Activities covered by this Release include but are not limited to the following: Girl Scouts of Colorado H20 Sports Sampler Camp.
- Release. I specifically and unconditionally release and discharge Rueter-Hess, and its officers, directors, agents, employees, representatives, consultants, lessees, subcontractors, successors and assigns (collectively, “Releasees”) from any and all liability to me for any and all losses or damages resulting therefrom, on account of any injury to me, even injury resulting in death, or to my property, whether caused by negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, which claims, losses, and demands arise during or result directly or indirectly from use of Rueter-Hess Facilities or participation in the Rueter-Hess Activities. I agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of Colorado. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release, which shall continue to be enforceable and the parties specifically direct any such court to amend and revise this Release so that the intention of the parties to eliminate or reduce the liability of Rueter-Hess is realized to the extent legally permissible.
- Indemnification. I agree to fully indemnify the Releasees from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, damages, actions, or causes of action whatsoever arising out of any physical or property damage, loss, injury, disease, or illness while upon the premises of the Rueter-Hess Facilities or while participating in or attending any Rueter-Hess Activities, or in any way connected to the Rueter-Hess Facilities and/or the Rueter-Hess Activities, whether such loss, damage, injury, disease, or illness results from the negligence of or any other act of the Releasees or from some other cause, including but not limited to a pandemic.
- Waiver. I hereby expressly waive any right to seek compensation or damages from Rueter-Hess in connection with this Release. Nothing in this Release shall be construed or interpreted as a waiver of the protection granted to Rueter-Hess pursuant to the Colorado Governmental Immunity Act as may be amended.
- Knowledge and Consent. I HAVE READ THIS WAIVER COMPLETELY, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, AND UNDERSTAND THAT I AM GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING MY RIGHT TO SUE. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM SIGNING THIS RELEASE FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW. I understand that Rueter-Hess is relying on this Release, and I agree to be legally bound by this Release. In entering this Release, I am not relying upon any oral or written representations made by Rueter-Hess other than what is set forth in this Release.