2023 Oratory Topic:
The Key Club pledge is:
"I pledge, on my honor, to uphold the Objects of Key Club International; to build my home, school and community; to serve my nation and world; and combat all forces which tend to undermine these institutions.”
Describe your experiences with upholding the Key Club pledge and what you learned from them.
- All Key Club Members in the Georgia District that are in good standing are eligible for this award.
- The subject matter of the oration and the presentation must be original and
completely developed by each orator. Content and presentation will be
considered equally in judging
- Video MUST be uploaded to YouTube and be marked as “unlisted”.
- Each orator will be allowed a maximum of 5 minutes for their presentation. Exceeding the time limit by 10 seconds or more will result in a penalty unless extenuating circumstances exist.
- All decisions made by the judges are final.
- All entries must be submitted by February 3, 2023
- The member that wins first place will be eligible to compete at Key Club International Convention as outlined by the International Guidebook.
The video will be judged on the following:
Clarity of message and projection of ideas- 25 Points
Depth- 5 Points
Structure (including organization, grammar, transitions, flow, etc.)- 15 Points
Presence (posture, gestures, and ability to engage the audience)- 15 Points
Voice (tone, diction, effectiveness, pronunciation)- 15 Points
Ease of presentation and intimacy with audience- 15 Points
Attention of audience- 5 Points