1. Criminal Convictions: The NREMT and MA OEMS certification applications will request all information regarding the criminal convictions of a prospective licensee. Certain criminal convictions may cause a NREMT and/ or MA certification to not be issued. These situations will be screened and evaluated on an individual basis.
2. The Cataldo Education Center Paramedic program has been issued a Letter of Review by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). This letter is NOT a CAAHEP accreditation status, it is a status signifying that a program seeking initial accreditation has demonstrated sufficient compliance with the accreditation standards through the Letter of Review Self Study Report (LSSR) and other documentation. The letter of Review is recognized by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) for eligibility to take the National Registry's Paramedic credentialing examination(s). However, it is NOT a guarantee of eventual accreditation.
To contact CoAEMSP:
3. Payment Schedule:
Application fee: $100.00 (non-refundable)
Deposit: $1,000.00 (non-refundable)
Tuition: $ 12,400.00
4. Payment Expectations: Payment or an agreed payment plan is expected (in full) on the dates listed above. The Cataldo Education Center will place any student on an academic hold for non-payment. The final completion certificate may be held up to six (6) months for final payment of the program. The final completion certificate is required for you to complete the certification requirements for the NREMT and the State of Massachusetts. Payment of the application fee is required prior to the interview.
5. Technology: The educational format for this class will include both online and classroom learning. A computer and internet access are required for this course. A laptop, PC, or Mac with a 1GHz processor or higher, 4GB RAM, 40GB HDD, and windows 8 or higher operating system are recommended for this course. Students will be required to bring their device to class to take online exams.
6. Refund Policy: In the event that a course is cancelled due to lack of registrations, a complete refund will be issued. If you withdraw from the course, the office will deduct $100.00 from your tuition balance. The following standard exists for the remaining balance of the tuition payment per semester:
Prior to the official start date: 100%
Official withdrawal within the first 10 business days: 80%
Official withdrawal within the first 11-15 business days: 50%
After 15 business days: No Refund