January 15, 2023
To Counselors, Parents, and Prospective Scholarship Applicants:
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, is the first African American Sorority,
founded in 1908. The sorority has an established tradition of rewarding students who
have the intellect, as well as the desire to pursue a higher education. In 2023, the Ivy
Enrichment Fund, Incorporated, the charitable arm of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority,
Incorporated, Pi Iota Omega Chapter, will continue to support the academic efforts of our
youth, by awarding scholarships to local area high school seniors.
Our scholarships are targeted to, but not limited to African American students who have
demonstrated exceptional merit, academic achievement, citizenship, and commitment to
service throughout their school and community. The selection process is also sensitive to
students with financial need. We look forward to receiving applications from students who aspire to challenge their minds at an institution of higher learning.
Only students meeting the following criteria will be considered:
1. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
2. Applicants must be enrolled as a full time student in an accredited college or university for the 2023-2024 school year.
3. Applicants must reside in the Greenburgh, Elmsford, White Plains, Valhalla, and Sleepy Hollow School Districts in Westchester County.
4. Applicants must adhere to the application filing deadline of April 3, 2023.
Nicole Finigan-Ndzibah, President, Pi Iota Omega Chapter
Renada Lewis, Executive Director, Ivy Enrichment Fund, Inc.
Sunserai Davis, Scholarship Committee Chair
Gwendolyn Parris, Scholarship Committee Co-Chair
2023 Scholarship Summary and Eligibility Requirements
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, Pi Iota Omega Chapter in conjunction with The Ivy Enrichment Fund, Incorporated, is soliciting applications from eligible students for its 2023 scholarship program. Scholarships and book awards will be awarded to students from the Greenburgh, Elmsford, White Plains, Valhalla, and Sleepy Hollow School Districts.
Applicants must be a 2023 graduating high school senior with the following:
● Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
● Applicant must be enrolling as a fulltime student in an accredited college or university for the 2023-2024 school year.
● Applicants must be a resident of Greenburgh, Elmsford, White Plains, Valhalla or Sleepy Hollow School Districts in Westchester County.
● Applicant must adhere to the application filing deadline of April 3, 2023
● Interviews will be scheduled for qualified applicants
● Awards ceremony will be held in June for scholarship recipients
❏ Submit completed application
❏ Submit a recent official transcript * must include 9th grade - 1st semester of your
❏ Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from your school (Guidance Counselor,
❏ Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from your community service program/
(Employer or Supervisor)
❏ Resume or listing of Extracurricular Activities, Community Service, Awards /Honor, Employment history
❏ Completed Financial Statement- see page 6
*Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.*
❏ Submit a current photo