$2,500 - $7,500 Scholarship Awards available including:
Weil Family Foundation Scholarship - $7,500
Two T. Kevin McNicholas Foundation Scholarships - $5,000 (Each)
Kae DeBrent Hodges, Chris Weil, and FOODMatch Scholarship - $3,500
Mile High Chapter Scholarship - $3,000
2 Fred M. Laurita Scholarships - $2,500 (Each)
DiPasquale Family Foundation - $2,500
Swire-Coca Cola Scholarship - $2,500
PepsiCo Scholarship - $2,500
The Colorado Restaurant Foundation, in partnership with Foundation Scholarship Donors, awards scholarships to qualified students in foodservice/hospitality management programs. Applicants must have demonstrated strong interest in the foodservice/hospitality industry as evidenced through documentable work experience in the industry.
Note: Any applications which do not meet the following criteria or are not legible will be automatically disqualified.
- You must be a US citizen or a permanent resident.
- You must plan to use the scholarship in a foodservice/hospitality related program at an accredited post-secondary institution/program in the state of Colorado.
- You must be enrolled or plan to enroll as a full-time or substantial part-time student taking a minimum of 9 credit hours each term.
- You must plan to be enrolled for at least two upcoming consecutive semesters.
- Have at least six months of industry related work experience.
- Award winners must attend the Scholarship Gala in Denver on Wednesday, April 26th, 2023.
- Completed application, indicating "N/A" (not applicable) when appropriate.
- A 1-2 page resume.
- A transcript from all colleges and universities attended.
- 2 letters of recommendation (at least one must be from a current or previous employer).
Application, resume, transcripts, and letters of recommendation can be sent via email or mail to:
Colorado Restaurant Foundation
ATTN: Alexander Peck
430 E. 7th Avenue
Denver, CO 80203-3600
Judges will score the following:
- Industry-related work experience and/or hospitality-related course work.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Essay questions on application (questions should be answered carefully and clearly).
- Interview with Scholarship Committee to be held in late-March or early-April (virtual option available).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline, award announcement and payment timeline:
- Application Deadline: March 20th, 2023 – application and transcripts must be postmarked. No exceptions.
- Scholarship Gala – award recipients will be formally announced at the annual Colorado Restaurant Foundation Scholarship Gala (Wednesday, April 26, 2023). Additional details will be provided at the time of award notification, but please make note of this date on your calendar when it is announced. Your attendance at this event is mandatory if you are a scholorship recipient.
- Funds will be disbursed in two equal payments, the first half in Fall of 2023 and the second half in Spring of 2024 upon verification of your continued enrollment in a qualified program.