Every year a team of Vet Students help us to make sure Congress runs smoothly. Stewarding gives you access to Europe's largest equine veterinary conference. This means you will have the opportunity to attend lectures by leading names, network with your future employers, and get a glimpse of what equine practice is all about.
What You Will Do?
As a Student Steward you will also take part in a wide variety of tasks including:
- helping our exhibitors during the build and breakdown of the exhibition
- welcoming everyone to Congress by assisting with registration
- assisting in the lecture halls
- assisting with the socials
Who Can Apply?
All Student Stewards must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate veterinary degree and you must be a BEVA member (but don't worry BEVA online membership is free for Vet Students!)
You must be available from the afternoon of Tuesday 10 to Saturday 14 September
What Expenses Do We Cover?
As part of the Student Steward experience we will:
- pay for all of your accommodation whilst you are with us and put you up in accommodation with all of the other student stewards so you're all in one place (always handy for nights out!)
- BEVA will reimburse you for travel expenses (reasonable - sorry no first-class), which includes petrol money if you drive. UK-based stewards can claim up to a maximum of £250 and overseas students can claim up to a maximum of £500.
- we will pay for your Annual Dinner and Dance ticket