PLEASE READ BEFORE FILLING FORM
- This contest is open to students who are attending a high school or college in the state of New Jersey. This festival is specifically designed to support and feature works from New Jersey based young filmmakers.
- Opening Date for Submissions: Participants can submit their movies beginning January 15, 2023.
- Deadline to Upload Entries is November 30th, 2023.
- Total running time for films must be a minimum 2 minutes long and a maximum of 10 minutes long.
- Films that will participate in the contest can be shot on cameras, mobile phones, video cameras, etc.
- Movies must be submitted using the form directly on Peace Islands Institute (PII) NJ Short Movie Contest website. The links for the movie must be provided during submission. Movies have to be uploaded on one of the platforms below:
- Google Drive
- By submitting through this form, parental consent is implied.
- Filmmakers must provide a mailing address proving NJ residency or attendance at a NJ high school, current contact information, including email and cell phone for texting purposes.
- Filmmakers are asked to upload film stills, work descriptions and filmmaker bios in the submission form. Each student must have an adult as a mentor on their project. This mentor can but does not have to be an “expert” in art/film, but someone who can guide the student during the process and help them when necessary.
- Parents and/or teachers may submit on the behalf of students. All contact will be conducted with whomever submits the film.
- All film applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form.
- Movies must be in English.
- Film must be high-quality. (At least 720p)
- Filmmakers are responsible for acquiring copyrights, licenses and releases for media used in their films.
- All films that include a music track, must either have permission from the artist to use the music, use royalty-free music, or original music. All music included in the soundtrack must be listed in the credits. Films employing copyrighted music without express permission from the artist will be disqualified.
- NO foul language, hate speach, violence, or sexual content. - Applicants who ignore these requirements will be disqualified.
- Finalists must submit promotional stills to be used on PII social media accounts and website.
- In order for award winners to receive an award, the movie makers must be present in the award ceremony.
- PLEASE BE CERTAIN TO CHECK YOUR E-MAIL. This is how PII will communicate with contestants.
- Films that do not comply with the contest theme and participation terms will be excluded from the contest. Peace Islands Institute retains the rights to use the submitted movies in its media content.
- All decisions made by the PII are final and at its discretion.
THE TOPIC IS:
What does “PEACE” mean to you?
We believe there are some words worth thinking about thoroughly, and peace is one of them. The most common understanding of peace is the absence of fighting or conflict. However, peace is also one the most basic human needs. Peace is like breathing: we do not notice it while it is there, but recognize its value in its absence. Though history may focus more on wars and defeats, we owe everything to peace. If there was no peace, we would live in a world like Mad Max’s.
Peace Islands Institute (PII) invites high school and college students in New Jersey to share what "peace" means to them. We encourage students to use their camera and the language of film to tell their story of peace.