Are you looking for artistic exposure in NYC?
Big Screen Plaza is now accepting submissions for our Biannual Open Call, a curated series of digital and artistic programming that will be displayed starting in Spring 2023. We’re eager to showcase work from many creative disciplines. Please note this call may not be best-suited for every type of artist or artistic discipline. However, if it matches your current artistic goals, or your work, it could be a perfect opportunity — check the guidelines below before submitting!
About Big Screen Plaza:
Big Screen Plaza is a 10,000 sq. ft. public plaza in New York City located at the Kimpton Hotel Eventi which features a 30 ft. HD digital screen. Located between the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, and the art galleries of Chelsea, the plaza’s central location provides an ideal venue for generating exposure for artists to engage the New York community. Throughout the year, the screen displays a rotating collection of digital exhibitions, including photography, animation, visual art, and more.
- The #ArtOnScreen series is not exhibited with any audio, so all work must be viewed and enjoyed without any audio. Files may still contain audio, but all work will be silently displayed to the public, similar to the digital billboards in Times Square.
- All artists are curated into 15-minute exhibitions, so we are looking for artists who have enough work that is thematically cohesive which can be looped or displayed for this duration.
- Content must be suitable to be displayed publicly and viewed by an audience of all ages.
- All artists retain full copyright of their work, and our Biannual is non-exclusive, so work may be exhibited elsewhere.
- Submissions are accepted on a periodic, rolling basis. Due to the quantity of submissions, only artists whose work is chosen will be contacted. No calls, please.
BEST WORK TO SUBMIT:
- Studio & Visual Art
- Timelapse or Aerial / Drone Footage
- Motion Graphics & Animation without dialogue
- International or local NYC content – we screen it all
- Cutting edge, contemporary work that can engage and excite the New York public
WHAT NOT TO SUBMIT:
- Any work that requires audio (silent films are welcome)
- Any long-form video content.
- Work that is primarily corporate-branded or advertising-based (Unfortunately we’re not looking to display mere commercials or ad-based work, though there are exceptions to every rule.)
- Any work with graphic violence or nudity
- Sculpture or any performance-based work which requires in-person or 3D display. All exhibitions will only occur by being broadcast on our digital screen.
For more information, visit: bigscreenplaza.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for updates on the contest!
Deadline: March 15th, 2023