College Corps Fellowship Overview
Current, Incoming, and AB-540 Students expecting to enroll full-time in Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 are encouraged to apply!
What we're looking for:
- Passion for working in partnership with communities to make a positive change;
- Flexibility to work in different areas and adapt to changing circumstances;
- Growth mindset and eagerness to try new things;
- Concern for the larger community and an enthusiasm to make a positive contribution;
- Interest in connecting with and learning from other students and partners across the state;
- Willingness to be an ambassador for the Fellowship on campus and beyond.
What you’ll do:
Fellows will work within organizations focusing in areas of K-12 schools, Food Insecurity or Climate Action to build healthier and more equitable communities across California. They will do this in a variety of ways. Some examples include:
- Provide direct service assistance that is specific to community partner’s needs. Examples include K-12 tutoring of students needing additional academic (and other) support; stocking and distributing food for local families that rely on food banks or pantries; and participating in climate action initiatives or educating the community about climate issues and actions.
What you'll gain: Benefits
- Up to $10,000 upon completion of 450 service hours;
- Academic credit, if enrolled in a Work Experience course;
- A real -world job experience and skills to add to your resume;
- Access to training, networking, and professional development opportunities;
- Connections with Fellows across the state via a virtual community platform and regional events;
- A sense of pride and accomplishment in working toward a common purpose alongside young leaders from across the state;
- Be a part of a community of service learners with access to ongoing training, networking, and professional development opportunities.
Complete the application and you will be hearing from us soon!
The Allan Hancock College Corps Team