The D-Factor is a weekly show where we select (1) finalist per week. At the end of the 5 weeks, all contestants become elligible for judge's choice wildcard show to be a finalist. All 8 finalists will compete in a final show for the D-Factor winner on June 23rd at the Julia's Gay Pride Block Party event. Judges and the audience will choose the final winner.
1. Must be 18 years of age or older.
2. There will be a $30 registration fee (to be paid before you perform.)
3. No water or fire on stage.
4. Limited props allowed.
5. No genital exposure.
6. Bring your performance music on a fresh CD or flash drive in MP3 format only. No other formats will be accepted.
(If you show up without the proper format you will be disqualified for that night. Music can be no more than 3 mins long.)
7. Limited to 6 contestants per week, first come basis. (Based off of registration form date and time.)
8. Cannot be under the influence of any substance or will be disqualified.
9. Contestants who perform, but don't win a finalist spot can try out more than once.
10. Judges will be critiquing you on your performance and overall drag. (Be prepared for honest, direct critiquing.)
11. The winning finalist will come back the following week to perform a guest spot in The D-Factor.
12. Contestants can not have backup dancers or additional performers for their acts. The contest is being judged on your talent alone.
Finalists are allowed to have backup dancers for their finale.
A. Contestants will perform to two musical numbers. We want to see something different for each number.
B. Come in ready to perform, have make-up and hair on. (There is limited changing room space.)
C. Invite friends to cheer you on. (This will help judges decision.)
D. Judges are looking for performances which have a combination of dance, style and lip-synching skill.
E. Plan on there being an improvisation portion of the show to show your creativity & performance skill.
F. Judges want to see you have more than one look. It would be advised to come prepared to show your drag versatility.
Conditions Of Engagement:
- Winner must understand that they will be made over according to the decision of the Le Faux director.
- Le Faux director will decide if we will remake you as a character impersonation or a drag personality. You must be comfortable with both.
- Winner must agree to all the changes required by the Le Faux primaries.
- Winner must be willing to let go of previously learned skills in order for Le Faux primaries to recreate your drag.
- Winner must be flexible with schedule in order for us to complete all of the pieces required to remake you.
- Winner must attend all scheduled rehearsals as agreed upon.
- Le Faux primaries will give status reports to the director on your progress and your willingness to accept change.
- This contest is designed to help performers reach their maximum potential. Which will require you to give your full cooperation during the entire process.
- If winner is unable to fulfill all of these obligations, the director reserves the right to end this agreement at any time.
- Weekly contestant will recieve their prize only after competing in the finals. Winner will recieve their prize after the completion of the makeover process.
- Weekly winner will perform at Julia's Queen Of The Brunch as a tip spot.
Weekly D-Factor Winner will recieve:
- Star in a guest performance at D-Factor the following week of winning semi-final. ($PRICELESS)
D-Factor Finalist will recieve a PRIZE PACKAGE which includes:
- Guest performance in Le Faux
- Jewlery from Panache Clothing Co.
- Costumes designed by Le Faux Design Team
- Performance Training by Kristie Champagne
- Dance training by Le Faux Dance Captains
- Make up by Kaleena Markos
- Wig by Jaxen Brown
Orientation starts at 7:00pm sharp.
If you show up late to orientation you will be disqualified.