Waiver, Release, and Hold Harmless
Camps - Wildcat Cross Country and Track and Field
The undersigned Participant (if applicable), and the undersigned Parent / Guardian (on behalf of him / herself and the Participant) agree as follows:
1. For purposes of this Waiver / Release / Hold Harmless:
a. "Wildcat XCTF" means Wildcat Cross Country and Track and Field.
b. "Facilities" means buildings, grounds, and any other property used for "The Activity."
c. "The Activity" means use of "Facilities" for the camp.
2. I acknowledge that there is a risk of injury to the participant from participation in the Activity, and while particular rules and precautions may reduce this risk, the chance of serious injury does exist.
3. I acknowledge that participation in the Activity involves risk of exposure to communicable diseases, including (but not limited to) COVID-19. In addition:
a. I acknowledge that participating in the Activity may increase the risk of contracting a communicable disease, including (but not limited to) COVID-19.
b. I also understand that there are potential risks that may presently be unknown.
c. Because of the dangers of participating in the Activity, I recognize the importance of complying, and agree that the Participant will fully comply, with the applicable laws, policies, rules, regulations, and supervisor's instructions regarding participation in the Activity, including instructions related to social distancing precautions, face coverings, physical separation, and sanitization.
4. I understand that the Participant is expected to act appropriately and to comply with all terms and conditions for participation in the Activity, including (but not limited to) all safety rules. I assume full legal responsibility for the conduct of the Participant while participating in the Activity.
5. I acknowledge that the Participant and I assume all risk of injury or illness from the Participant's participation in the Activity. On behalf of myself and the Participant, I waive and release all claims of any kind whatsoever against Wildcat XCTF and its Board of Directors, Board members, employees, volunteers and agents, for any such injury or illness.
6. On behalf of myself and the Participant, I hereby waive and release any and all claims that may arise from or in connection with the Participant's participation in the Activity, and that otherwise could be asserted against Wildcat XCTF or its Board of Directors, Board members, employees, volunteers and / or agents.
7. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Wildcat XCTF and its Board of Directors, Board members, employees, volunteers and agents, against and from any and all liability damages, claims, demands, costs, and expenses (including attorneys' fees) that may arise from or in connection with the Participant's participation in the Activity.
8. I have read this Waiver / Release / Hold Harmless, and I understand and voluntarily accept these terms.