The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Pan African Koinonia Steering Committee seeks nominations for the 2023 Dr. Emmanuel McCall Racial Justice Trailblazer Award. The McCall Trailblazer Award provides recognition to individuals and ministries that have trailblazed in the area of racial justice. Candidates nominated in the individual category must be a member of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Ministries nominated must have significant participation by individuals or churches that are members of Cooperative Baptist Fellowship.
Nominations will be received from January 17, 2023 - March 31, 2023. The McCall Trailblazer Nomination Committee will meet the first week of April and decisions will be made by April 17th. If you have any questions or need clarifications on any of the information requested, contact Ingrid Estrada at 770-220-1629 or McCall@cbf.net.
Once you complete the boxes below, you will receive a unique form link that will allow for your McCall Racial Justice Trailblazer nomination. This should allow you to save and come back to your nomination form. Before you begin the nomination, here are items you will want to have with you or be prepared to write:
- A narrative statement describing the trailblazing work of the individual or ministry up to 2000 words. (This statement can be uploaded in the form).
- For individuals nominated, a racial justice resume, cv or reflective statement from the nominee explaining the nominee's commitment to racial justice and accomplishments. (This may be uploaded in our form).
- For ministries nominated, a racial justice historical narrative, which should include why and how the ministry began racial justice work. This can be uploaded in our form).
- Three reference letters, which should include name, phone, and email address (this may be uploaded in our form)
- Upload(2-4) high resolution photos:
- Nominations for individuals should include a headshot and up to 3 actions shots.
- Nominations for ministries include up to 4 actions shots.