Founded in 2021, Surrogacy Miracles Family Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) charity that supports Minority Intended Parents. Our mission is to assist minority families by offering grants to assist with funding their surrogacy journey.
The vision was birthed by the founder Shadina Blunt whose goal is to assist Intended Parents and Surrogates in navigating the overwhelming complexities of the family building process.
The foundation helps families not only with supplying grants, but also finding other grants that can support their journey.
Purpose: To identify intended parents who qualify for needed services of grants for surrogacy journeys.
Reward: One or more individuals selected from the pool of qualified applicants will be awarded grants for financial assistance during the 2023 year up to $30,000.00. Grants range from 10K to 30K.
Qualifications: Interested candidates must meet the following criteria to qualify for this award:
- Type of treatment/procedure needed covered: SMFF funds a range of IVF procedures including (but not limited to) Egg retrieval for intended parents, Egg Freezing, Gestational FET.
- Failure to conceive: SMFF covers intended parents with a history of failure to conceive naturally or with IVF treatment for at least 24 months. (Unless medical History or physical findings dictate earlier evaluation or inability to conceive) Medical
- Overall Medical Health unsafe for pregnancy: SMFF covers intended parents who have a diagnosis that deems it unhealthly to conceive naturally and recommendations are to proceed with surrogacy. Physician documentation will need to be submitted with application.
- Residence: All Applicats must be permanent residents of the united States and must be under the care of an accredited fertility facility within the united states. proof of residency will need to be submitted with application
- Health Insurance: All Applicats must have basic health insurance and have the ability to add a dependent on to the policy. Insurance cards will need to be submitted with application
- No more than 2 grant applications submissions in a 12 month calendar year: Applicants may apply up to two times in a 12 month calendar year for any offered grant. Grant application fees apply to all grant submissions.
- Finacial Need: Applicats Must meet the financial requirements of having an annual income of less than $100K as a single parent and $160K as a married couple. Financial documents will need to be submitted with application
- Readiness to start Surrogacy Journey and Process: Recipent must be ready to start their surrogacy journey within 3 months of accepting grant funds.
*Application must be submitted by March 1, 2023 at 11:59pm.
Application Form: The entire application form herein,including release form and medical packet. Your Physician Must complete the medical portion of the application. It is the applicant's responsibility to obtain these pages from the physician. Note that fertility clinics and physicians often require weeks to complete the medical forms so make sure you have alloted enough time to make deadline.
Do not submit: Medical history documentation or any other documents not expliciityly requested. We do not return submitted documents.
Surrogacy Miracles Family Foundation receives hundreds of applications, but limit submission numbers for offered grants each year. We are limited by the amount of funds that are donated. We strive to be diverse in regards to ethnicity, sexual orientation, and geography. Please know that we CANNOT fund all those who apply, even though we would like to.