Vendor Guidelines & Agreement
Please note that our qualifications and limitations placed on vendors come as the result of the LaSalle County Historical Society (LCHS)’s desire to encourage homemade skills and crafts and to feature quality antiques, treasures, and collectibles from the past.
• Preference is given to repeat vendors, residents of LaSalle County, and to vendors with genuine homemade “Old Time” items.
• The only food items that may be sold in vendor booths are baked goods and home-grown items. Sale of water and soft drinks is not allowed, except by designated Food Vendors.
• NO WEAPONS OR EXPLOSIVES OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED
• Vendors are expected to provide their own insurance. Under no circumstances shall LCHS be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from any incident occurring at the Event.
• All vendors must un/load their vehicle as quickly as possible. Vehicles must be parked as close to vendor spaces as possible so that other vendors may pass through. Un/packing and staging will take place after the vehicle has been moved to a parking area.
• Displays within the designated areas are not to block vehicle or pedestrian traffic. Please be respectful of local property owners and residents.
• Vendors’ spaces are to be open and manned during Event hours.
• Please note that the Canal Market building is an enclosed building with concrete flooring & limited electricity.
• No protection from rain, wind, etc. is provided (except for vendors inside the Canal Market), so please bring some personal protection with you.
• Vendors are responsible for keeping spaces clean during the market. After the event, there will be a final clean up.
• Market hours are 10:00 am until 4:00 pm, unless specified. The site will close one hour after show end.
• Vendors who are not accepted will have their fee returned. Refunds for late cancellations will be considered depending on the reason for cancelation and its effect on the Event. A refund will not be granted for ‘No Shows’ on the day of the Event.
• We Reserve the Right to Accept or Deny any Vendor
• State sales tax must be paid according to IRS provisions. This is the responsibility of the vendor. Utica’s rate is 7%