To complete this preliminary application, you will need to:
- Upload your unofficial transcripts
- Upload an essay
- Provide the names and email addresses of 2 people who will send letters of recommendation (at least one should be academic, ideally from a faculty member at your home campus, if you have questions about this pleas reach out to your study abroad campus coordinator).
Essay Requirements: Your essay should be double spaced. The length should be from 700 - 1000 words and address all four questions listed below.
- What do you hope to accomplish while studying abroad?
- How does your study abroad program relate to your academic and future professional goals?
- What you think the biggest challenges will be for you to live in a new country and culture for 1-3 months?
- What obstacles, financial or otherwise, have you faced in your decision to study abroad?
- If you need any support with this process, please contact your study abroad campus coordinator.
- This is a preliminary application form. Submission of this form does not guarantee admission to a study abroad program, and additional steps will be required.
- If you need access to a physical or pdf form, please contact your study abroad campus coordinator.
- If you are under 18, please consult your study abroad campus coordinator before completing this form.
- You may save your work and come back to it later if you cannot complete the application in one sitting. Select "save" and you will be sent an email link that will allow you to come back to work on the form.
- Your study abroad campus coordinator will contact you shortly after the submission of this form.
- You may be required to attend a study abroad meeting after submitting this form, especially if you have not had a study abroad appointment with our office before.
- As part of the study abroad process, you will need to secure a travel document for the country or countries you visit. The documents required can vary based on your country of citizenship. If you have questions about travel documents, contact your study abroad campus coordinator.
NEXT STEPS AND HOW YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE EVALUATED:
- This is a preliminary application. You will hear from your campus coordinator regarding next steps for final approval for study abroad.
- We will use your essay, transcripts, academic records, letters of recommendation, and any disciplinary records to evaluate your aptitude to successfully participate in a study abroad experience.
- We may require an advising meeting or interview to further discuss your application.