PROCEDURE FOR SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
Please Note: This application form requires you to complete every section before moving to the next page. For ease of use, have all documents ready prior to starting. Please follow the file naming protocol when uploading your documents.
Before starting your application, have the following information ready:
- Know your personal information, including your military sponsor's email and phone number, address, school address, etc.
- Your essay question is completed and ready to upload; see this year's essay questions below. Please follow the naming protocol and save your file as your lastnamefirstname2023_essay. For example, doejohn2023_essay follows the naming protocol for John Doe's essay.
- Have your transcripts ready to upload. Military Spouses with no previous college experience will provide copies of their high school transcripts. Please scan all transcripts, in order, into one document and save your file as your lastnamefirstname2023_transcripts. For example, doejohn2023_transcripts would be the following naming protocol for John Doe's transcripts.
- Be ready to upload proof of military dependency (Military ID or Sponsor's LES). A scan or picture is acceptable, and please save your file as your lastnamefirstname2023_proof. For example, doejohn2023_proof would correct the naming protocol for John Doe's proof of military identification.
- The essay must be typed, double-spaced, and at most 375-400 words. This is your time to shine; choose your words accordingly.
- Don't forget to use the proper file naming protocol (listed above) when saving your file.
- Ensure the essay does not contain any information that could identify the applicant (names, addresses, ranks, units, etc.).
Using correct grammar and spelling, please answer one of the following essay questions:
1. Describe a moment in time that had a significant impact in your life. Given the opportunity to go back in time, what would you have changed and what are you grateful remained the same?
2. Being a part of the military community, you develop strong qualities that equip you for the challenges of this world. Tell us what qualities you have earned and how you utilize them in this ever evolving world.
- Letters of recommendation are not required and will not be considered.
- Please do not send any additional documents, such as certificates and awards.
- Failure to follow application instructions, including submitting an incomplete application, may result in immediate disqualification.
- Please ensure that you sign the document prior to submitting it.
- If you do not have an answer for a section, enter 0 or N/A to move on to the next section.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.