The Far West Agribusiness Association (FWAA) scholarship program has been designed to provide outstanding high school and collegiate students with financial assistance to pursue their education at a college or university in the United States.
There will be two separate selection pools, one for graduating high school seniors and one for current college students.
Scholarships are one year in length and will be awarded in an amount of no less than $1,000 per student. The quantity and value of the scholarships awarded will be at the discretion of the scholarship committee. Award recipients will be notified in May 2023.
Read and follow the instructions carefully prior to submitting your application.
Application packet must be submitted by 11:59 pm (PDT), on April 7th, and must include the following for consideration:
- Completed application form
- Resume (no more than 2 pages)
- Copy of Transcript
(official transcripts are required if selected for the award)
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation from non-relatives:
- 1 academic, 1 supervisor, 1 character reference
- 2-part essay*:
- 300-word essay: Discuss your personal connection to agriculture and your career plans/goals.
- 300-word essay: Choose one of the current legislative topics from the Far West Agribusiness Association’s geography (WA, OR, ID, UT, NV). Discuss the legislation and how it impacts your local farm or community and provide insight into a potential outlook or solution. We do not provide the legislative topic for you, please research and select one to address.
*If you are a previous winner of this scholarship and are applying again, please make sure your answers to the essay questions are not the ones submitted last year.