For approval, you MUST submit this form at least two weeks before the trip/activity.
This form is for Girl Scout groups to notify council for events and troop travel. You will need to request approval for:
- Extended overnights (3+ nights) and travel outside of Montana or Wyoming.
- Any high-risk activity or that requires approval per the Safety Activity Checkpoints. You can determine if an activity requires approval by looking at the top of each activity page and the field indicating whether council prior approval is required to perform the activity. You can also see all activities at a glance and if approval is required by looking the chart in Safety Activity Checkpoints.
NOTE: You DO NOT need additional approval for programs and events that are run by GSMW staff (such as summer camp).
REQUIRED: GSMW’s Troop Travel Training
GSMW’s Troop Travel Training is available in gsLearn and is a required training for all volunteers wishing to lead their Girl Scouts on troop trips or high risk activities. BEFORE you submit a Troop Trip & High Risk Activity Request form, please login to gsLearn and complete the training. Do you have questions about how to access gsLearn? Check out the My Account Tip Sheet: gsLearn for more information.
When submitting this form, please be aware that this IS NOT a savable form, so be prepared to include or upload the following information:
If you will be using a vendor or organization for any activity:
- Vendor name and phone number (optional address and/or website)
- You will be required to send a Certificate of Insurance from your vendor to email@example.com two weeks prior to your activity, you do not need this Certificate of Insurance to complete this form but it will be required before your activity can be approved.
If you are planning an overnight trip, your travel itinerary should include the following:
- Lodging name, address and dates staying at that lodging
- Location and activities that will be happening each day
- Transportation information: airline, flight number, how will you be traveling around if out of state, personal vehicle, rental car, etc.
- Names of adult chaperones, number of male and female
- Names of girls attending
If you are planning a trip that will have any non-members in attendance:
- Additional Insurance will be required for those attendees
- Required information will be the number of non-member attendees, location of trip, and troop/service unit number
- Please complete the Additional Insurance Form no later than 14 business days prior to your event date
If you have any questions, please contact customer care at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 406-252-0488.