Friday, March 31st - Saturday, April 1st
Title: Professional Development for 6th grade civics.
Presenter: Tim Kalgreen M.Ed., Director of Civic Education at the Indiana Bar Foundation.
Beginning in the 2023-2024 school year, all 6th grade students will need to take a new civics class. Join the Indiana Bar Foundation to help you prepare for this course.
At this workshop, attendees will gain civic knowledge from university professors and teaching pedagogy, techniques, and lessons from mentor teachers.
Indiana Bar Foundation will provide:
- Scholars for content learning
- Mentor teachers to showcase pedagogy techniques
- Lesson plans to take back to your classroom
- Field trip to Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site
- Meals (Lunch on Day 1; Breakfast/lunch on Day 2)
- Hotel accommodations (as needed)
The location for this professional development workshop is the Indiana Bar Foundation office: English Foundation Building, 615 N. Alabama St. Indianapolis, IN 46024.
Space is limited to 25 teachers. If registration exceeds 25, priority will be placed on a geographic diversity around the state and potentially limited to one teacher per school.