POSITION TITLE: Assistant Business Manager
Ready to LEVEL UP in the Equine Industry?
Are you tired of:
· Feeling stuck - like your career is going no where?
· Working long hours and not having a life?
· Spending every day in an office doing the same thing over and over or worse – spending your days mucking stalls?
If so you will love this job!
Together, Dan & Elizabeth James own both Double Dan Horsemanship and the International Liberty Horse Association and this position helps manage both businesses.
JOB PERKS Join a team that wants to support you on your professional journey. Learn real, valuable skills that will propel your career.
· Be Valued – experience the benefits of working for a small business. Be inspired by leaders who have been in your shoes and want to see you succeed. Be supported as an employee, as an equestrian and as an individual.
· True Professional Development – take advantage of our $1000/year Professional Development Stipend. Take the lead on projects to build real leadership skills. Be mentored in your professional life to help you set and achieve your goals. Network with industry leaders at the highest level.
· Diversity - opportunity to gain business experience with an established world-renowned equine company (Double Dan Horsemanship) and one of the fastest growing new equine associations (International Liberty Horse Association)
· Have Fun – attend to top equine events annually including Run For A Million, Equine Affaire, Road To The Horse, the Liberty Festival and more. Possibility of traveling and assisting with equine photoshoots and movies including TV shows like the hit series Heartland. Enjoy attending happy hours with the crew, summer barbeques with clients, VIP parties with friends and even participate in exclusive clinics!
IDEAL CANDIDATE This position is an entry level position ideal for someone who wants to excel on the business side of the industry and is looking to gain valuable experience. Past employees have gone on to successfully launch their own businesses, attain higher-paying jobs at large associations, and receive numerous unsolicited job offers.
At Double Dan Horsemanship and the International Liberty Horse Association we pride ourselves in investing in our employees financially, through individual coaching and by giving them high-profile opportunities to boost their career.
BUT we only hire the best of the best. If you have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, are professional and a team player we want you!
Join a small, tight-knit team where your work will consist of predictable daily tasks giving you the stability you want and exciting new projects that offer the excitement you crave.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will assist with business management related to both Double Dan Horsemanship and the International Liberty Horse Association.
· Customer Service
o Email responses
o Answer phone calls
o Scheduling horses in training/events/clinics
· Social Media
o Post engagement & interaction
o Post design, creation & scheduling
o Monitor engagement analytics
· ILHA Show management
o Managing show registration
o Reconciling shows, compiling show reports
o Project management as needed (Directory, magazine, Liberty Festival, etc.)
· Website Management
o Update websites
o Review websites for functionality
o Membership support
o Subscription/card processing
o Article writing & story solicitation
o Assist in setting up & monitoring marketing campaigns
o Conduct competitive analysis & market research
o Assist building ad campaigns and funnels
o Soliciting new & managing existing sponsorship accounts
o Accounts receivable
o Client invoice & payment monitoring
o Compile monthly reports
o Updating excel records
o Order fulfillment
o Booth setup & sales
o Product inventory management & ordering
o New product design & research
· Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS (ideal applicant must possess all of these):
1. Exceptional customer service skills both written & verbal
2. Professional attire & interactions
3. Experience in the horse industry
4. Strong motivation to learn
5. Ability to troubleshoot
6. Ability to work both independently & as a team
PREFERRED SKILLS (ideal applicant may possess one of more of these):
1. Knowledge of Double Dan Horsemanship & Liberty horsemanship
2. Interest in gaining project management and/or event management experience
3. Experience with Excel, Click Funnels and/or Kajabi
4. Strong writing skills
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Professional development allowance
- Compressed work schedule with comp time
- Optional Health Insurance
- Excellent environment to learn and develop valuable business skills