Applications will open Tuesday, January 24 at 6 pm
All applications must be submitted online.
Applications will be processed in the order that they are received.
Expectations for Participation
1. Each participant (contestant and escort) is responsible for paying a $50 participation fee, due at the first meeting (on Sunday, February 5th).
a. Payment may be made by check (preferred) or cash
b. Make checks payable to: BHS PTO – please write “class of 2023” in memo
2. $50 participation fee will be waived or refunded under the following conditions
a. a participant pair (contestant and escort) secures a sponsor at $250 or above,
b. a participant sells a minimum of 5 (5) tickets to the event.
Sponsorship: Sponsors can be an individual, group or business. We have sponsor letters that you can distribute to local businesses. Deadline to secure sponsor and submit money is Sunday, March 5th.
Ticket Sales: Each participant will receive a personal code to sell the event ticket online in March. Each Participant will receive credit for ticket sales when purchasers enter the seller’s unique code.
3. Each participant (contestant and escort) must be a senior in good standing at Bellaire High School and have
a. a minimum grade of “S” in conduct
b. passing grades in all subjects – “No Pass – No Play” rule applies
4. Each participant (contestant and escort) is responsible for monitoring the appropriate Mr. Bellaire GroupMe group, attending all scheduled meetings and rehearsals, and
a. communicating in advance the need to miss a meeting or rehearsal due to extenuating circumstances
b. adhering to the HISD Code of Conduct throughout all Mr. Bellaire-related activities, up to and including the actual Mr. Bellaire event on Sunday, March 26, 2023.
c. completing all paperwork to provide necessary information for use during the show
5. Each participant (contestant and escort) is responsible for providing his/her own
a. props, music, etc. for talent segment (contestants)
b. formal wear
c. beach wear
d. iconic couple costumes