The Whanganui Salon is for digital images in three categories under the theme:
Humanity and Earth - demonstrating the impact of human beings on, and their interaction with, our planet
The three categories are
Aotearoa New Zealand Heritage (AH)
Humanity and the Natural World (HN)
Living in a Changing World (LC)
Detailed category descriptions are on the full salon page. It is advisable to have all your images correctly sized, labelled and ready to upload prior to completing this form.
Eligibility, entry limits and specifications
- Entry is open to all New Zealand based photographers.
- Entries must be, or derive from, exposed images generally considered to be photographs. All elements of the photograph must be the work of the photographer/entrant. Creative techniques in camera and post processing are acceptable but must not introduce elements that were not originally exposed by the photographer. For clarity, internet sourced AI generated images or parts of images are not eligible.
- Up to four images may be entered in each category, for a maximum entry of twelve images.
- All entries must resonate with the overall Salon theme HUMANITY and EARTH. Images may include people or show the influence of people and their works on the earth, sea and in the atmosphere. Images can be from anywhere in the world.
- EXCLUSIONS: Images of people on the moon or in space; traditional or “pure” landscapes and natural history/nature images that don’t contain a human element; objectionable material; images entered in any previous Whanganui Salon.
- Entries must be submitted as distinct files in JPEG format. Image dimensions must be no more than 3840 pixels wide and no more that 2160 pixels high. In addition, image file sizes must be no larger than 9 MB each. The files must be named with the Category prefix followed by a space and an image title of up to 35 characters. eg HN Monkey in Zoo.jpeg or AH Cape Reianga Lighthouse.jpeg or LC Climate protesters.jpeg.
- The title must NOT include your name. This is to ensure the images are judged anonymously. Any contact with the judges that could lead to identification of the author of any image may result in exclusion from the Salon at the discretion of the Salon Committee.
- Images should be submitted by file transfer below. If you have any problems with the file transfer please contact the team at email@example.com to assist.