CONSENT TO USE OF TAX RETURN INFORMATION
Federal law requires this consent form to be provided to you. Unless authorized by law, we cannot use, without your consent, your tax return information for purposes other than the preparation and filing of your tax return. However, federal law also prohibits us from revealing any personal or financial information to any third party. Therefore, as a matter of fact, we will never reveal your financial or personal information in any way, to anyone, unless you specifically request we do so and provide in writing to us the specific person or persons to whom you wish that disclose to be made, which is done on a wholly separate consent form from this. For the purposes of this consent form please note we are seeking consent only to satisfy requirements set forth by federal law so we may speak with you on the phone, send you to email correspondences of any kind, send you mailings, newsletters, email reminders, holiday and occasional cards and greetings, and reminders of upcoming deadlines, etc.
You are not required to complete this form. If we obtain your signature on this form by conditioning our service on your consent, your consent will not be valid. Your consent is valid for the amount of time that you specify. If you do not specify the duration of your consent, your consent is valid for a period of three years from the date you have signed the consent.
The undersigned hereby consents to the use; by The Firm ALP Tru Tax, its owner, employees, and staff; of any and all tax return information pertaining to:
- Direct questions, inquiries, or requests you make regarding your tax returns, situation, or issues.
- Requests you make for copies of your documents, figures, numbers, or information.
- Upon your direct request in order to connect you with another professional in another field or profession so you may gain further information on a certain topic not available or in the realm of expertise of this firm.
- Notification of important tax law changes.
- Notification of changes or information that will impact our engagement, such as a change of firm website address, email address, physical location, or other such contacts, biographical or geographical information.
- Other reasonable business purposes include but are not limited to appointment reminders, holiday mailings, birthday greetings, and other informational mailings.
The tax information may not be disclosed or used by The Firm ALP Tru Tax, its owner, employees, or staff, for any purpose other than that which is permitted by this consent document.
If you believe your tax return information has been disclosed or used improperly in a manner unauthorized by law or without your permission, you may contact the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) by telephone at 1-800-366-4484 by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.