Catalyze Sessions are focused, 90-minute pro bono workshops in which 3-6 purpose-driven leaders (Knowledge Partners) interact with and advise social ventures on overcoming a specific challenge or seizing an opportunity. At the conclusion, each Knowledge Partner pledges to take a follow-up. Beyond the session, we will track the pledges, facilitate further 1:1 connections, and support your success along the way.
Focus question examples:
- What can we do differently to let more people know about us?
- What types of partnerships should we forge to help leverage our full potential?
- Are we focused on the right markets and, if not, what new ones might we consider?
- How could we significantly strengthen our messaging (e.g. on website, pitch deck)?
- How could we update, streamline or enhance our infrastructure to overcome a specific challenge we are having with our technology/HR/operations?
- Introductions - 15 minutes
- Overview of the social venture - 15 minutes
- Facilitated discussion on the focus question - 45 minutes
- Key takeaways / Pledges of action - 15 minutes
- Get pro bono knowledge—skills, insights, and connections—from a group of curated, talented leaders who want to support your venture.
- Build momentum. All leaders pledge action after your engagement (e.g. share a connection, review materials, build awareness of the venture among colleagues)— leverage them to expand your contacts, advisors, or board.
- Raise awareness of your cause through KIN’s active communications with its network.
- Connect with the broader KIN ecosystem through our Circles platform to develop new networks.
- Access specially designed learning events.
- Have a specific, focused question that must be addressed to scale your impact
- Operate in one of our impact areas of focus— Core Human Needs (access to food, water, shelter, health), Educating for Workforce Readiness, or Mitigating Climate Risk
- In operation for at least one year and have at least two paid employees (Smaller organizations may be reviewed on a case-by-case basis)
- Have a proven and shareable track record of success in creating impact
Ventures may be non-profit or for-profit, may have a domestic, regional, or global focus, and may not advocate for a specific political or religious objective.
- Must have the engagement of a C-suite/executive/board member in the 90 minute Catalyze Session
- Must have a representative available to support with approximately 1 hour of pre-session activities such as providing preparatory briefing materials
- Must have a representative available to engage in approximately 1-2 hours of post-session activities such as responding to surveys, holding an interview, etc. to enable us to track and share progress/impact
How to engage
- Complete the ensuing application. (You will have the opportunity to print it once it is complete and you will receive a copy of your submission in your email.)
- A Selection Committee will review applications based on fit, viability, and potential impact. Status is communicated within two to three weeks.
- If accepted, your session will be scheduled for a date one to two months later. We will begin recruiting and curating expert leaders to attend your session.
- One week prior to the session, submit all pre-read materials and bios for the participants to review.
- After the session, we will share a brief meeting summary and pledges of action from all the participants. You may contact the participants on follow-ups.
We will contact you a month after the session and periodically thereafter to check on the longer-term impact of the session and progress on the pledges. We may feature your organization in our communications to our broad leadership ecosystem and continue to facilitate connections that would support your impact.
Click on Next below to begin the application.