The TRON Climate Initiative (TCI) is looking for ambitious, creative, and passionate college and university students to join our research paper competition. In this competition, student groups will be researching and writing research papers that explore the environmental impact of blockchain technologies. We are looking for papers that explore not only the current state of blockchain and its impact on the environment but also detail potential solutions and strategies that can be implemented to create a more positive environmental impact.
Winning teams will have the opportunity to have their research paper published on the TCI website and will receive funding for their organization if they are selected as winners. We look forward to seeing the creative and innovative solutions that our student teams come up with!
- All papers must be submitted in English and adhere to standard academic formatting guidelines.
- Teams must consist of at least three members and can be up to five members.
- Teams must be registered with their school and provide the contact information of an administrator or faculty sponsor. (Minimum - proof of current school attendance/registration.)
- All papers must be submitted via the TCI website by the deadline provided.
- All papers must include a thorough and accurate analysis of the current state of blockchain technologies and their environmental impact, as well as a comprehensive exploration of potential strategies and solutions that could be implemented to reduce the negative environmental impact.
- All papers must be original, unpublished works and must not have been submitted to any other organization or competition.
- All papers must be written by the student team members.
Submission Deadline: March 31st, 2023
Prizes: Total - 7,000 USDD
1st Place: 1,500 USDD
2nd Place: 1,250 USDD
3rd Place: 750 USDD
4th-10th Places: 500 USDD each