Ippon Karate Academy aims to provide a safe and positive environment for students in which they have opportunity to build character, increase their self confidence and develop to their full potential, with a winning attitude to life.
We are committed to creating a culture and environment that emphasises the safety and well being of all children and young people. To uphold this vision it is important that everyone understands their responsibilities as set out in our Code of Conduct.
All participants & members have the responsibility to:
· Always place the safety and welfare of children above all other considerations
· Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility, recognising at all times your words and
actions can effect children and other members of the club
· Inform the club of any concerns, suspicions, incidents or disclosures of child abuse
· Never initiate unnecessary physical contact with children, always encourage them to be independent
· Never exchange personal contact details or have unauthorised contact with children online or by phone without the parent or guardian's consent. Even if it is the child or teen initiates the contact
· When in the company of children other than your own at the club, always have a second adult present
· Nurture an inclusive environment at the club where all students and their families can feel welcome
· Respect the rights, welfare and dignity of every person regardless of their ability, gender, sexuality or linguistic diverse background
· Always respect religious and political differences and act in a culturally sensitive way
· Never engage in any sexual harassment, aggressive behaviour, bullying or intimidation with other
members or participants of the club
· Enter the club in a fit state, free from the effects of alcohol and illicit drugs
· Discourage and avoid creating drama, stirring controversy or gossip within the club
· Immediately report to reception or the Lead Instructor if any potential hazards are observed at the club
· Always encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all students, instructors, coaches and officials
· Ensure family members and friends who are visiting or involved with the club are aware of our code
of conduct and ensure they follow it
It is a condition of membership that you comply with the club's Code of Conduct at all times while attending any Ippon Karate training, events or functions. Any failure to comply may result in the immediate suspension or cancellation of your membership. The club reserves the right to terminate a membership without a refund for behavior that is determined to be unacceptable and has breached the club's Code of Conduct.